FOS Marshall's Boat and Gas

Started by ReadingBob, April 29, 2021, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: postalkarl on July 13, 2021, 06:33:08 PM
Hey Bob:

Looks just beautiful so far.  Love the colors you chose.

Karl

Thanks Karl!  I'm happy with this one.  Doug sure does a great job with his designs.  I'm slowly building up a stash of harbor structures like this one to surround Red Hook Wharf when I tackle it.  :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: nycjeff on July 14, 2021, 12:11:55 AM
Hello Bob, well you've taken things to a whole other level with this build- lights and sound, Wow. Great job as usual on the build and the build thread.    Jeff

Thank you Jeff!  The sound was a first for me.  I thought I bought more than just that one but it's the only one I had in my stash.  I wonder what else Slim has to offer.

Funny story I forgot to tell.  For a week or two I misplaced the single edged razor blade I was using on my workbench and couldn't find it.  It was driving me nuts.  I was a little afraid I might have dropped it on the floor or something.  It was due to be replaced anyway but still and unaccounted for razor blade is a concern.  I finally found it attached the back of the package containing the stuff for the gull sounds.  It attached itself to the magnet in the speaker.  Mystery solved.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 14, 2021, 06:48:53 AM
This little structure is more impressive in person. Bob brought it down a couple weeks ago, it looks fantastic as all his build do.

They sound of the seagulls really bring it to life. The Judge and I were honored to be the first to see this little gem.

Tom  ;D

Much appreciated Tom!  I'm already looking forward to my next visit.  Hope to get down there real soon.   :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on July 14, 2021, 07:26:04 AM
Great build.  Lights and sound, too.  You keep raising the bar higher and higher.

Jeff

It's all Slim's fault!   8)  Thanks for the kind words Jeff.  I appreciate having you follow along.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 14, 2021, 07:36:28 AM
Great job Bob.....especially like the paint on the exterior walls. Sorry to have missed hearing the sounds.  8)

Thanks Greg!  Hopefully you'll get to hear them someday soon.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Oldguy

Very, very nice.  Great reminder that I needed to order some copper foil tape.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Thank you Bob!  That copper tape is a blessing.  Some of my early wiring efforts, done without it, are a real mess.  The tape sure makes things look a bit more organized and cleaner.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Jerry

Another beauty Bob!  You do a fine a job on the little kits.  Fine details & lighting and now sounds!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteI've been on the lookout for some seagulls but haven't located any yet.

Bob - My modeling friend, Neil's nephew does brass etched seabirds.  You add solder to the body and carve with a dremel.  With a bit of time and effort the results are fantastic.  We had one of his birds take out a gold award at out biannual NZ show.  He would probably resize them to 1:87 scale.  Of course you would have to deal with international postage and the timeframe that entails (as I have to do with almost everything I buy!)  Anyway, check out his sight.  There are some other things that may also be of interest.  Mark spent a weekend modeling here with us last year, and spent it making up one of his cabbage tree kits.  They, too, are incredibly realistic!

https://marksmodelworks.wordpress.com/

Click on 'kits and bits'

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey Bob :

You are quite welcome.

Karl

craftsmankits

Beautiful work Bob!  Lights and sounds, all that's left are the scents of the seaside.  Thanks for the updates, and sharing the pictures and products.

Mark

ReadingBob

Quote from: Jerry on July 14, 2021, 06:24:47 PM
Another beauty Bob!  You do a fine a job on the little kits.  Fine details & lighting and now sounds!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!  I have a lot of fun building these little kits.  I like the big ones too but these get done a lot faster.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on July 14, 2021, 07:19:02 PM
QuoteI've been on the lookout for some seagulls but haven't located any yet.

Bob - My modeling friend, Neil's nephew does brass etched seabirds.  You add solder to the body and carve with a dremel.  With a bit of time and effort the results are fantastic.  We had one of his birds take out a gold award at out biannual NZ show.  He would probably resize them to 1:87 scale.  Of course you would have to deal with international postage and the timeframe that entails (as I have to do with almost everything I buy!)  Anyway, check out his sight.  There are some other things that may also be of interest.  Mark spent a weekend modeling here with us last year, and spent it making up one of his cabbage tree kits.  They, too, are incredibly realistic!

https://marksmodelworks.wordpress.com/

Click on 'kits and bits'

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks for the tip Mark.  He sure has some interesting stuff.  I may have founds some from a manufacturer over here.  I might try to place an order with them later today and see how that goes.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: craftsmankits on July 14, 2021, 10:19:00 PM
Beautiful work Bob!  Lights and sounds, all that's left are the scents of the seaside.  Thanks for the updates, and sharing the pictures and products.

Mark

Thanks for commenting Mark!  Scents of the seaside......  Great idea!   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Lynnb

Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0