Friday 30APR2021

Started by MAP, April 30, 2021, 06:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning & TGIF!  Last day of April already...sheesh!  Got a little work done on my kit last night, hope to do more tonight.  Chores on tap today, but first I need some coffee.  Be safe!
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

No TGIF for me, I have to work the weekend.   >:(  And today as well. 

Jeff

vinceg

Good morning,

The wife is in full gardening mode now with the moderate weather and I end up spending a fair amount of my free time helping her. We have an arrangement - I help her with the heavy gardening stuff outside and in return, she stays out of the basement  :)

Cheers
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Had a nice visit from Cuse yesterday.  First time I've seen John in well over a year. 

Our final meeting (a three hour meeting at that) this morning and our planning session will be concluded.  We've been planning our next 12 weeks worth of work.  Let's see if the plan for this period lasts longer (two weeks) than the last one we did.  What a crock of... ::)

Gee, for year now I rarely had anything to do on a Saturday.  Tomorrow I take Junior for his second jab first thing in the a.m. and then I'm going to run down to visit the A&S crew.  Later on we're making our first jaunt up to Mt. Dora in over a year to had dinner (outdoors) with some friends (also vaccinated).  Workbench time will have to wait until Sunday.

Have a great one! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

Morning All,

Happy Friday to those who celebrate it...I'm looking forward to my first SBG meet at ACLTom's tomorrow morning. On today's agenda (other than work stuff) is deciding my next MR priority. I've got several obvious choices and need to narrow my focus and maybe even get started this weekend. As I've described here before, I'm really good at making lists of things that need doing-it's the next part that I struggle with ;D

John

ACL1504

Morning all,

I cut the grass yesterday and felt pretty good. I think I'm finally turning the corner on the post Covid-19 recovery.

Looking forward to seeing the SBG guys tomorrow. I've hidden most of the throttles.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

ACL 4-8-2 and caboose on the Mississippi Alabama and Gulf. A week Prior to Cliff selling the layout.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning. I have a little modeling planned for this morning, then it will be back on the spring chores this afternoon.  We managed to get a few April showers, yesterday. I hope everyone has a great day.

Update on my Brother-in-law: He is off the ventilator and out of the ICU - starting to make some progress toward recovery. His kidneys have recovered enough so he doesn't need dialysis. This COVID virus messes with a lot of parts we need to survive.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Morning. Stopped for breakfast on my way to Raymo-North for the weekend to open it. Brought a box load of little vehicles to work on.

Jerry

Morning everyone

John good news about your brother-in-law!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/62! But very windy 24.  Gusts near 60!

Nothing from the bench.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

We rec'd over 2 1/2" of rain in less than 24 hours yesterday.  As you might expect the ground is saturated with lots of surface water ponding in any low spots.  The forecast calls for Mother Nature to bless us with snow overnight tonight as a prelude to the advent of May tomorrow.  At least the weather here is never dull and boring...

I managed to get a little done on a Santa Fe boxcar last evening.  Hopefully there will be some more progress made tonight. 

John, great news regarding your brother-in-law.  Thoughts and prayers for his continued improvement. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Jerry

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

John,

That is some great news for sure. Thanks for the update and I hope he continues to improve. C-19 is some nasty stuff.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

It's Friday. I need say no more!

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Nice MA&G RR photo Tom...
Sunny and warmer heading into the weekend...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com