May 01, 2021

Started by jerryrbeach, May 01, 2021, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

Welcome to a blustery start to the month, at least in my neck of the woods.  No snow this morning but slightly below freezing with a stiff wind and a wind chill of 20 degrees F. 

No modeling last night.  The gusty winds yesterday ended the day with a serious power outage (6000 customers) just after dinner.  I resorted to my kindle and flashlights for the duration.  My power came back in time to hit the sack.  Hopeful I will have better luck today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and safe Saturday!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MAP

Good morning!  Heading out for breakfast with my better half.  Chores after that, then some train time tonight.  Be safe!
Mark

Opa George

Happy May Day!  Weekly grocery shopping after breakfast, then gardening. We spotted our first hummingbird yesterday, a real sign of the season in PA.

Fortunately no damage from the high winds at the palatial Opa suburban estate last evening.

Take care, everyone.
--Opa George

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Mayday! Mayday!  Another work day, off at 1500.  Will mow when I get home.  Supposed to get in the upper 80s today.

Jeff

Jerry

Morning everyone

Saw a hummingbird this morning with a coat on!!

Its a RF/30 here in South Jersey.  Later might hit 70.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BandOGuy

Morning all.
Headed out to York, PA this morning for a birthday party for my last surviving aunt. She's turning/turned 105. Chance to meet some kinfolk I've not seen for a long time if ever before.
Get and stay warm all.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

S&S RR

Good morning! The weather forecast says 64 for a high here but it's starting out at 27. I'm heading into the train room for a few hours until it warms up enough to go out and work on the spring chores. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

My eyes are telling me to go back to bed until the warmth returns to my bones.
Marty

ACL1504

Morning all,

SBG meeting today for the first in over 18 months.

Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Jim Lucas build.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Gotta run Junior out to Oviedo for his 2nd jab this morning.  Yeah, he's more than old enough to go by himself but I feel better driving him myself just in the off chance he has some sort of reaction to it.  That's okay though.  The day will come when he'll have to drive me around.  After that I'll dash down to Tom's to me the SBG for lunch and tall tales.  Later one our first trip up to Mt. Dora in over a year.  Somehow a packed schedule on a Saturday snuck up on me.  ???

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Bernd

Morning fellow modelers. Had snow on the ground this morning. Robins were have frozen worm breakfast.

Taking some time off model building and working on 1:1 projects. I keep reading the mail though to see what's going on.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
May Day...May Day...first 80 degree weather this year !
Ordered parts to fix tractor...grass is getting long.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

jrmueller

Good morning. First walk with Max after banging up my knee a week ago. Naturally he want to go faster than me.  Beautiful day in the Piedmont of Central Virginia.  Everyone have a great day. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad