New hosmasote roadbed supplier

Started by Mecrr22, May 04, 2021, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mecrr22

Came across a new company to me anyway selling homasote based roadbed. It. Central and Western homasote roadbed was wonder if anyone has had any dealings with the company I should be in the market for some in the fairly near future thanks. Scott
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

ACL1504

Scott, 

Never heard of this company until now. I'm about 95% finished with my track laying but this looks good if you are still using homasote roadbed.

Here's the link.

https://www.cwhomaroad.com/ho-products

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

I think I'm going to have to order some of that to give it a try.  Thanks for the heads up and the link!   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Nice!  I liked Homabed, although shipping times could be a bit uncertain. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Oldguy

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 04, 2021, 02:40:12 PM
Scott, 

Never heard of this company until now. I'm about 95% finished with my track laying but this looks good if you are still using homasote roadbed.

Here's the link.

https://www.cwhomaroad.com/ho-products

Tom ;D
I wonder if he bought out Cascade Rail Supply?   I love the stuff and better than DIY and the dust.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Mecrr22

I was wondering the same thing product line is similar and he just added crossings that match the new ones being produced by Fast Tracks
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

GPdemayo

Great stuff for holding down spikes, but a pain to make it yourself.

I bought some material from Homabed about 10 years ago and their product was fine, but delivery was a bit slow. Just checked and their website is no longer available.

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

I was thinking about this:  given how similar the products are, I'd be surprised if this new company did NOT buy the tooling from Homabed.  Those diagonal cuts in the roadbed strikes me as distinctive and presumably done by some special tool...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

I also wonder if he bought out Cascade Rail Supply.  They are who I got my last order from years ago.  Thanks for the heads up if I ever need more.

Jeff

jbvb

Good to know.  I bought some HomaBed and have used it in my layout.  But I've also used a utility knife to slice a taper on the side of Homasote I've sawed to shape myself.  Also works for making ditches in large flat areas.
James

Oldguy

I'm happy to hear that this stuff is again available.  I need to check my supply against my track plan to see if I have enough.  I use the thin homabed for my sidings as I use cork for the main line.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

I just placed an order.  I'll let you know when it arrives.   :D

Now I have rails, spikes, homasote, homasote roadbed, ties and track laying tools.  All I need now is a plan and some bench work.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Jerry

Quote from: ReadingBob on May 06, 2021, 03:55:28 PM
I just placed an order.  I'll let you know when it arrives.   :D

Now I have rails, spikes, homasote, homasote roadbed, ties and track laying tools.  All I need now is a plan and some bench work.   ;D

You could use the dining room table but that's already been spoken for at least for now! ;)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

chris.mincemoyer

I saw a thread on the MRH forum about this product and shared with our NMRA Division President. He immediately ordered $400.00 worth and was impressed with the edges and that the product was dust free out of the box. He hasn't begun to lay track yet so can't speak to it's spiking ability.

ReadingBob

My (small) order arrived yesterday.  Looks good!  :)

I received an e-mail over the weekend that they had four or five large orders ahead of mine so I expected a bit of delay, which wouldn't have been any problem at all, but I still got it faster than I could have hoped for anyway.

Now I have rails, spikes, ties, tools, roadbed, sheets of homosote, lumber, a DCC system and trains.  All I need now is a decent track plan. The same thing I've been procrastinating on for years.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net