2021 Narrow Gauge Convention anyone?

Started by cuse, May 06, 2021, 08:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

I've met a bunch of this crew at prior NNGCs (and Expos)...I'm kind of on the fence this year so I thought I'd take a roll call. Anyone going to Hickory, NC this September?

Jim Donovan

I am hoping to and have reached out to the group that went to F&SM a couple of years ago. I know three or four are going, a couple as vendors.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

deemery

I went to the previous one, but in part that's because it was a relatively easy drive from northern VA, and wife had relatives in the area (who have since moved away).  It's a fun place to visit.  Unfortunately, the battery charger I had for my Digital SLR -ate the batteries- as it was recharging them, so I was unable to take many photos...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

rslaserkits

We will be there and already have the tables booked. See you all there
rich

S&S RR

It's on the schedule right now. We will see what the summer brings.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MAP

I've never been and thought it would be fun going to a "real" show, but when I saw it would be an 11 hour trek, I decided no.  I am going to the Harrisburg Narrow Gauge meet in June.....not that I do narrow gauge, but wanted to check it out.
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on May 07, 2021, 05:32:52 PM
I've never been and thought it would be fun going to a "real" show, but when I saw it would be an 11 hour trek, I decided no.  I am going to the Harrisburg Narrow Gauge meet in June.....not that I do narrow gauge, but wanted to check it out.

Mark

If you can make it work for you in the next couple of years, do it, you will not be disappointed.  It is by far the best train show - I have attend about 20 of them. Denver is coming up again in the next few years. Combine the convention with a circle tour of the railroads in Colorado.  I have done it twice and will be doing it again.
John Siekirk

deemery

It's really important to understand how the NNGC is organized.  Clinics in the morning and evening, layout tours in the afternoon.  If you don't have your own car, it's important to 'make friends quickly' when you're there.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on May 07, 2021, 07:21:08 PM
It's really important to understand how the NNGC is organized.  Clinics in the morning and evening, layout tours in the afternoon.  If you don't have your own car, it's important to 'make friends quickly' when you're there.

dave

Good point Dave. We usually have a group from the forum that ride together to the layouts. It really makes it more fun. I have made friends from all over the world attending these conventions.
John Siekirk

Zephyrus52246

I had considered this, but we'll be visiting my daughter around that time and so it's a no go. 

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Liked attending the one here in 2018 and would like to attend another one in the future...it was great to meet some of the forum members.
Will plan to go again after the house is paid off...but not this year.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com