Wednesday - May 19, 2021

Started by S&S RR, May 19, 2021, 06:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Good morning.  It's time to get this place opened up.  It has been awhile since I added pictures to my daily checkin so I thought I would start doing that again. Here is a photograph I took from the Whistler train in British Columbia.  I hope everyone has a great day.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Good morning John and all who follow,

Really nice picture to open with this morning John. 

Not much going on here.  It's hump day and several meetings are lined up for the day. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Good Morning

Great picture John and great idea. Last week was the Boss's birthday so we took an airboat ride as part of the day. Here is a picture showing a central Florida river where no homes are.

Have a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

HVAC saga continues, they seem not to be able to integrate the Ecobee, furnace and condenser to work with the two stage compressor of the condenser with the two speed fan of the condenser and the variable speed of the ECM in the furnace.

Sigh!
Marty

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Off today.  Another 1:1 electrical project on tap here.

Jeff

Rollin

Morning, all:

Today, Ford will announce the NEW F-150 pickup that is all-electric. Why do I mention this on a train forum? Last night, one of the news programs went in depth on the topic, showing a video from 2019 that Ford did to promote the technology that went into this vehicle. They  got 42 pickups, loaded them into Trailer-Train racks, and then pulled them with a single truck. That was over ONE Million pounds of cargo and the vehicle pulling was the electric prototype. None of us are particularly surprised by that feat-we know how well loads move on steel wheels over level steel track. But it was fun watching the amazement of the host, and they did show the train pull repeatedly.

By the way, that was the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC.

Have a great day.

Jerry

Morning everyone

Sunny/67 here in South Jersey later on 85.
It will be a beach day.

Been resting my hands because of my carpal tunnel syndrome.  Which will be taken care of down the line after I have an EMG test done.
So nothing from the bench since my finger's are still numb!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

The other similarity between electric vehicles and railroads is the traction motors. After all, the diesel engines generate electricity that powers the traction motors on the trucks. 

John, I loved driving to Whistler when we lived in Vancouver.  There are some great historic videos of the train ride, like this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZZ3gPnqPI

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
No power in town this morning...just got back on line...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Another interesting photo, looks like a rather beat-up coal shed behind the depot.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to