The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Welcome to part 4 of the Atlantic and Southern build thread.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on May 31, 2021, 02:55:02 PM
Where's the pics?  We love lots of pics!  :o

Patience grasshopper, patience. We all love photos. I'll have some to share tomorrow evening.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

tct855

For those of us who need to see trains on a thread with no trains....

S&S RR

Congratulations  on the start of Part 4 of your build thread. I think if you add the views of all four parts together, you are close to a million views. Unlike Thom, I'm going to be patient and wait for the latest release of pictures. ;)  As always, thank you for taking the time to share this with us, my friend. I have really enjoyed watching this great railroad come together over the years.

Question of the day? When did we start our build threads on the old forum? I know we started here in December of 2013.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Let the fun begin on the A&S..... ;)

The thread for the St. Louis & Denver Railroad was begun on the old forum on Oct. 7, 2010 and on this forum on Mar. 12, 2011.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on May 31, 2021, 04:22:16 PM

Jan,

Hard to believe I'm on part 4 already. Appreciate you checking in, thank you.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on May 31, 2021, 05:22:43 PM
For those of us who need to see trains on a thread with no trains....

KPI,

Wow, that is one Hell of a yard. Perfect bird's eye view.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 31, 2021, 07:57:48 PM
Congratulations  on the start of Part 4 of your build thread. I think if you add the views of all four parts together, you are close to a million views. Unlike Thom, I'm going to be patient and wait for the latest release of pictures. ;)  As always, thank you for taking the time to share this with us, my friend. I have really enjoyed watching this great railroad come together over the years.

Question of the day? When did we start our build threads on the old forum? I know we started here in December of 2013.

John,

Thank you, much appreciated. Your patience is about to pay off in nest few posts.

You, my friend, and I both know what work goes into a build thread and especially a layout build thread. I'm sure you'll agree it is a bit time consuming. I can easily spend two hours or more every other day uploading, adjusting, cropping and then loading them in the forum gallery to add to the thread post later.

This layout thread was started on December 13, 2013 on this forum. The original thread titled, "Layout build from the bench work up and more" was started sometime in late 2009.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 01, 2021, 07:54:55 AM
Let the fun begin on the A&S..... ;)

The thread for the St. Louis & Denver Railroad was begun on the old forum on Oct. 7, 2010 and on this forum on Mar. 12, 2011.

Greg,

The fun has begun and will continue for sure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I finished the scenery between the road and layout edge. Nothing exciting here but I didn't have much room. The space is 5/8" in width.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I decided to hold off on weathering the concrete slabs until all the scenery is in place.

I marked off the outline of the building and loading dock. Painted  white glue on the pink foam and then shifted on some dirt. When dry I saved what was on top. I could have just painted on a dirt color and save some time but i wanted the real dirt under the loading docks.

I also started the scenery on the right as shown.

I saved the extra dirt and added the second layer of scenery to the right.

More in a few. Diet Pepsi or cold water is needed to quench my thirst.  :-X
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then added some trackside growth to the rear of building #1.

At this point I see no need to explain the scenery process as I've done so many time over the past three parts of the A&S RR thread. You can see from the numerous pictures shown below the progress. I'll comment where applicable.

I knocked the iron roof rod loose when placing the building on the layout. It has since been repaired.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com