The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 19, 2021, 12:35:11 PM
I'm looking forward to see where the Judge's Quarters end up.  Presumably hizzoner won't want to work so close to the courthouse and its criminal element.

dave

Dave,

I have a spot for the JQ's. Should be able to plant it in the next few months. Thank you again for the structure.

Tom

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on August 19, 2021, 01:35:40 PM
Regarding the Judge's remarks............... Tom........ you need to create a derelict looking person that represents yourself and put it in the alley.  We will be able to pick the guy out... it's the one with a diet pepsi can in his hand.

see ya
Bob

Bill,

I am a derelict Diet Pepsi drinking person for sure. However, I'll tell you now the alleyway will be the scene of a police shooting.  8) More on this later this year. :-X

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 19, 2021, 01:50:56 PM
Quote from: bparrish on August 19, 2021, 01:35:40 PM
...It's the one with a diet pepsi can in his hand. ...

Unless Tom keeps it hidden in a brown paper bag...

dave

Dave,

Nope, I'm a proud card carrying member of the Diet Pepsi Drinking Team.  8)  Everything in plan view.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used cork roadbed to line the street north of Downtown Tahope. Tahope's Main Street is 25 HO scale feet wide. After crossing North Ave., the road remains at 25' and just after the apartment building the road gradually narrows to 21 HO scale feet wide.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

My Babe bought me the new FOS Flat Iron District kit for Christmas. She has been a keeper for the past 32 years.

This huge kit will occupy the area to the left of the hotel.

The 1X3s indicate where the Flat Iron District will be on the layout.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I was going through one of my old misc. item boxes and found this sheet of Holgate Reynolds street brick sheet.

I decided to use some small pieces and have the brick show through the concrete on North Avenue.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This section of the road is now 21 HO scale feet wide.

Where the road approaches the track, there is quite a bit of a drop off from the street to the edge of the track.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here is how I made the transition to the track level.

I marked the concrete expansion joints every HO scale 15 ft. I marked this end section/joint on the 2 ply cardboard. The X's show the portion of the road to be removed.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The foam came next.

Notice I left a little of the foam. This will give me a base to glue the extension.

Time for a cold Diet Pepsi.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut a piece of 2 ply to fit the track radius and the end of the roadway.

The 2 ply is thick so I used a new #11 Xacto blade and cut one ply thickness off the back where it sits on the outside track ties.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now I have a nice tight fit as shown below.

Done for today.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 19, 2021, 04:51:15 PM
.... However, I'll tell you now the alleyway will be the scene of a police shooting.  8) More on this later this year. :-X  ...

I just finished a mystery where the sister of the victim seduces a cop then shoots the murder, so that cop will produce an alibi for her :-) :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 19, 2021, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 19, 2021, 04:51:15 PM
.... However, I'll tell you now the alleyway will be the scene of a police shooting.  8) More on this later this year. :-X  ...

I just finished a mystery where the sister of the victim seduces a cop then shoots the murder, so that cop will produce an alibi for her :-) :-)

dave

Dave,

If the mystery is fact or fiction, I'm sure it has happened. I had a case of something similar as a rookie officer. I'd put it in the "Stories from the street" but that thread has very few followers. After all it is a train and modeling forum.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Looks great Tom.  Really looking forward to the Flat Iron District!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln