The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Yesterday, Greg was asking me about the Railroadkits Drug Store I started. Actually the kit was an Ed Fulaz kit when Jimmy got the rights to produce the Hydrocal kits.

I believe this was started on the old forum as I couldn't find it here. Anyway, I forgot all about this one. It will fit nicely in Downtown Tahope.

I think I started this one about 10 years ago, not really sure.

Continued in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I have a full interior for this one. I pieced the interior together from several spare and purchased parts.

This is also the first kit I added stained glass to the windows.

I see I'll need to fix a little light leak on the two front windows.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll need to make and new base as this one will no longer work. A new floor will be made as well.

Done for today.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

I have some of those Fulasz kits put away, I'm glad to see how good they look!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Judge

Tom - Glad to see Tahope will have a drug store. The local doctor, Minnie Staysic, was having to import Carter's Little Liver Pills, Benzadrine Inhaleers for nasal congestion, Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup, Nutragrow Shampoo (anti-hair loss), Mint flavored Milk of Magnesia, and prescription drugs in on the A&S, and the service was not always reliable. 

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on July 25, 2021, 04:29:19 PM
I have some of those Fulasz kits put away, I'm glad to see how good they look!

dave

Dave,

I have a couple that I probably won't ever get built.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on July 26, 2021, 04:18:38 PM
Tom - Glad to see Tahope will have a drug store. The local doctor, Minnie Staysic, was having to import Carter's Little Liver Pills, Benzadrine Inhaleers for nasal congestion, Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup, Nutragrow Shampoo (anti-hair loss), Mint flavored Milk of Magnesia, and prescription drugs in on the A&S, and the service was not always reliable.

Bill,

I forgot all about this one and it will be perfect for Tahope.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been working on the layout but don't have any updated photos to share. Maybe tomorrow or Friday if I'm lucky.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Glad to have helped stimulate the ole' grey matter.....I like the way it looks on the corner.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Tom;

Enjoyed catching up.   Sure has been a lot of progress since last I checked in. I am enjoying all the amazing talent on display, both yours and the modelers that have provided buildings.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 29, 2021, 07:23:22 AM
Glad to have helped stimulate the ole' grey matter.....I like the way it looks on the corner.  ;)

Greg,

I'm glad you mentioned it as I totally forgot all about it. It was on the back upper shelf of the partially finished structures. I'm anxious to get it finished now.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on July 29, 2021, 07:49:43 AM
Tom;

Enjoyed catching up.   Sure has been a lot of progress since last I checked in. I am enjoying all the amazing talent on display, both yours and the modelers that have provided buildings.

Jim D

Jim,

Always happy to have you check in. I've been busy for sure but still feel like I'm falling behind. Thank you as well for the kind words of encouragement and support. Reading Bob has many of his fantastic structures on the Atlantic and Southern RR.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Tom...

This is a really fun kit.  I built this a number of years ago when Jimmy first took over the Ed kits.
'I turned it into a restaurant as I needed one in Boise.  I used a Greek family name that actually existed in Chicago in the early  1900's.  Sotus Restaurant.

Bruce O put us all up to do a kit and present it a mini gathering.  This is what I entered.  No ribbons... no awards....  Just fun.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?