The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

"Be Prepared".....I seem to remember that motto from somewhere in the distant past of my childhood.  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 08, 2021, 08:03:26 AM
"Be Prepared".....I seem to remember that motto from somewhere in the distant past of my childhood.  ::)

From this Tom Lehrer classic, maybe?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrheaWuShU

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Greg,

Yea, I remember that as well. I started Boy Scouts but never finished. My dad was the fist Eagle Scout in Central Florida. I think he got the Eagle Badge in the mid to late 30's.

Me, I turned out to be a GDI!

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 08, 2021, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on August 08, 2021, 08:03:26 AM

From this Tom Lehrer classic, maybe?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrheaWuShU

dave

Dave,

Exactly that!

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I started to add scenery to the layout between the rear of the Downtown Tahope and the tracks.

Continued-
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Judge brought some different palm trees over several months ago. I think these are some trees his lovely  wife found on the net.  I looked at the top of the trees under the palm fronds. I thought there has to be a way to make these look better. After a few days, I came up with an idea.

I gently bent the fronds back as shown.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I painted the nuts, or whatever those things are, with white glue as shown.

I used me oak leave blend to cover the white glue.

Back in a few. Need a Diet Pepsi.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm very pleased with the results.

I planted a few on the layout. Here is one.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I finished the scenery between the track and layout edge.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm still behind on the layout thread updates but here is a shot of coming posts.

Summit center section is under construction.

Yes, of course!

Done for today.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Tom- WOW,  excellent scenery work. I can't wait to see it in person.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Tom

You are make great progress, it looks great.  Good to see the new section is starting out level.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Looking great, Tom.

Abracadabra and those palm trees look great!

Your making good progress - almost back to your pre COVID19 speed?  Those threaded rods would sure making leveling the upper deck easy.

Cheers, Mark.

Jerry

Tom some nice scenery and those palm trees right on!

Great work all around as usual.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Judge

Tom - Glad you were able to salvage those palm trees.  The progress at Summit is welcome.  It won't be long before passenger trains are backing into the Station.