June 19th 2021

Started by Raymo, June 19, 2021, 06:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Morning all. This week after suffering with major back pain most of the past year, I've scheduled to have a spinal fusion the end of July. I'll be down for a few weeks with a lot of restrictions but I hope that it will give me some better quality of life. I'm already planning on using some of my down time posting some of my vehicle clinics to the forum and finishing some of the projects on the bench. As for now, I'm trying to get people in place to help care for my mother while I'm healing.

ACL1504

Morning Dan and others,

Dan I wish you well on your upcoming back surgery and that you have a successful recovery. Hope all goes well also with finding help for your mom.

I've been working on the layout for the past couple of weeks and have accomplished much.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Howard Zane layout -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Morning everyone

Dan wish you well with the surgery.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/65. Later much the same but 91.
Looks like a storm coming in to.

Maybe if my hands cooperate I can get some work done on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

vinceg

Good morning, all. Bob, if you're out there, our PI planning starts next week. Even better, jury duty at the end of the week. Could life get any better?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Good morning! Dan our thoughts and prayers are with you for your back surgery and recovery. I'm in the middle of a 6 day stretch of working on my layout, I'm really enjoying it.  ;D ;D This summer has been so busy that this is the first real work I have been able to do on the layout. I hope everyone has a great day. F&SM Picture of the day.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

Hot and Humid through midweek.  Our favorite contractor is coming over Monday to do the shutter replacement on the 2nd story windows, on the hottest day.  Glad I won't have to do anything more than supervise...

Yesterday I put the missing ties underneath gaps in the tie strips (e.g. underneath the rail joiners).  That's a little thing that has a big improvement in the look of the track.  Then I started planning a section house to fill a spot between the yard and the main line.  So it'll be good to do what I like doing.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Mecrr22

Dan I am 8 weeks post back fusion on L4/5   Doing well post op have none of the prep pain I was experiencing. I get stiff if I sit too long and  the restrictions on what they call the BLT's ( bending,lifting ,twisting) is hard because you feel better and want to do things but listen to them give your self a chance to heal .  Good luck and I hope things go smoothly for you
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

BandOGuy

Good luck with the medical encounter, Dan.
Off to the traffic jam and the Atlantic City Raceway which will be anything but that today.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Raymo

Quote from: Mecrr22 on June 19, 2021, 09:20:25 AM
Dan I am 8 weeks post back fusion on L4/5   Doing well post op have none of the prep pain I was experiencing. I get stiff if I sit too long and  the restrictions on what they call the BLT's ( bending,lifting ,twisting) is hard because you feel better and want to do things but listen to them give your self a chance to heal .  Good luck and I hope things go smoothly for you
Thanks for the info Scott. That's the same area that I'm having done. I was told I wouldn't be able to pick up more than a gallon of milk for a while.

Raymo

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

jrmueller

Good morning. Welcome to the L4-5 group Dan. Do what the Dr and the physical therapist says.  The procedure is so much better than mine 15 years ago. My advice is to build up your core muscles as much as possible beforehand. Jim

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

jrmueller

Today is Rea and my 56th wedding anniversary.   :)
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Dan - Thoughts and prayers with you for the coming weeks.  Sure hope you get some relief from your suffering.

Vince -  :(  Ouch. Jury duty is more fun than PI planning.

Jim - Happy Anniversary to you and Rea!  :)

A live steam Thomas the Tank Engine at the Strasburg Railroad.  I always seem to time it that we get here on the week they bring him out.  ::)  We'll be starting our trip back to FL tomorrow. I get to spend Father's Day driving.

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Rollin

Quote from: ReadingBob on June 19, 2021, 12:01:49 PM
We'll be starting our trip back to FL tomorrow. I get to spend Father's Day driving.

Good luck on the road, Bob. We just got back yesterday, and the construction and accidents on I-95 were very annoying. But as a consolation for the over 2300 miles behind the wheel, we did get to see our new granddaughter for the first time!