Monday, Jun 21

Started by BandOGuy, June 21, 2021, 08:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandOGuy

Say it ain't so, Joe.
8 AM, I'm "on vacation", and had to unlock the door!
Come on, slackers. Let's get with the program. The day is one third gone.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Raymo

Morning. Busy day here at work. Me thinks they're trying to make me do all my future work before I go out for my back.

S&S RR

Good morning! Slow start this morning - we had wave after wave of Thunderstorms go through last night. Talk about waking up to the sound of thunder. I hope everyone has a great day.

F&SM 2016

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

I woke at 5:00 am by a cat jumping on a plastic tote bin. No wonder I am tired.
Marty

Jerry

Morning everyone

A P. sunny/77 here in South Jersey.  Later on sunny/88.

A couple of errands to run then will head for the beach!

Nothing from the bench sorry to say!! :(

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Morning all,

Chip I was here at O'dark 30 but forgot my key.

Made a trip to Ace and Lowe's and took the Babe out to breakfast. I have nothing else.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

The contractor team was by and hung the new shutters on the 2nd story windows.  They also fixed a sticky lock and looked at the roof.  They need to find some matching shingles to fix that, so they'll come back when they have the 'shingle book' and the right ladder to get on the roof.  All things I was glad to get -expertise- to fix, particularly on a hot day!

I'll do a bit more work on the handcar shed today/tonight.  I pulled some Bar Mills wood shingles, they look good particularly with a bit of paint touch-up.  This is not a structure where the SL&N will invest in roof slates, even with the discount rate they get from the slate quarry on the line.

Roof is installed but needs weathering.  If you look closely inside, you can see the workbench.  Tonight I'll build a handcar. 

And the handcar is done.  I also drybrushed the shingles.  So I'm calling this one done.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Safe and sound back at home in FL after two days on the road.   :)   Time to sit back and chill a bit after all that driving.  :o

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.