Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Started by ACL1504, June 23, 2021, 07:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Rained hard and long yesterday evening. I have nothing else to report.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Howard Zane layout -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

Intense cold last night at 12c ...brrr
Marty

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Rained here as well.  The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind here getting ready for the kids coming last weekend.  The twins (age 2.5)  were fascinated by the trains, though we only ran them once (too many other activities).   I've been OOT the last two days on work related stuff, but did get to visit a hobby store in Des Moines yesterday.  Only picked up a few items.   :D  Need to cleanup all the toys that are still out, and mow later after the grass dries. 

Jeff

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

What rain Tom did not get, we did, must have been 3-4 inches an hour for a while. Anyway finishing up getting ready for trip north. I am taking a bunch of Jorden's to try my hand at, otherwise modeling is done for awhile.

I thought I would share a story of Mandryville during its time on earth (1912) in Northwest Florida. I finished the first part of this factory and hope to get the build thread caught up today:

Work on the latest business located in Mandryville continues: G. DeMayo Chemical Co. specializes in the manufacture of the world famous Skeeters Fly Dope (mosquito repellent). Business literally took off when a local family, the Taltails, reported mosquitos had carried their baby off. No one in town even knew Mrs Annie Taltail had been pregnant. A massive search was conducted for baby Taltail but no trace was found. No matter, Skeeters Fly Dope flew off the selves as fast as it could be made. Production continued night and day, resulting in the construction of the first Coal powered electric generation facility west of Cleeevland (not yet built). The father of the lost baby, Carpy Taltail found work at Skeeters as Mr. G DeMayo took him under his wing due his terrible loss. Years later Carpy was made Production Manager. As such he learned the secret ingredient of Skeeters and sold it to DeMayo's competitor, a fellow by the name of Coopertone, who was desperate, being on the brink of bankruptcy. However this no good sonderal would not profit from his cheating ways. The secret ingredient Baron (Run Fast or Go Home) DeMayo had developed was none other than what we call DDT today. He was caught trying to leave the factory with a second veil . He quickly drank the evidence and was fired. Last anyone saw of him he had grown a couple of eyes and a tail. Some say a creature in the nearby canal was seen swimming that looked a lot like Carpy but most think he just Croaked.  DeMayo went on to bigger things but to this day legend has it no mosquitoes were seen in Mandryville ever again.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

A very believable story Jim!! ;)

Weather in South Jersey sunny/53.  Later 76.

Company coming today.

I did manage to do some roof panels last niht hopefully more today!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

NKP768

Present....hope everyone has a great day.

Doug

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Great story Jim but I always suspected it would be the G. DeMayo Fertilizer Co. rather that the G. DeMayo Chemical Co.  ::)

More work in the garage today.  Gotta move stuff around, sand a few spots I patched on the walls yesterday, wipe them down and then paint them.  Maybe I'll be able to put the new shelves up too but that might be stretching things a bit.

Last week I got to spend some time at my favorite railfanning spot in Enola, PA.  :)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Morning. Rain here in the Northeast too last night, at least it broke the humidity. A nice cool 60° here this morning. It seems my back hurts worse everyday as I get closer to the operation.

S&S RR

Good morning! We had rain here yesterday and it brought in some very cool air. We woke up to 39 degrees and the furnace running this morning. I'm working on the railroad today, but I will be taking a few days off for some family time the next week. That's it from here, I hope everyone has a great day.  Here is another look back to our 2016 F&SM visit.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Still alive here...the return of the heat is coming back to Minnesota today.
Received a health check call /email from Jaime to see if all was good yesterday.
Rain is still needed as the weekend only produced 1/4 to less than 1/2 inch and that is a 30 day total for our county.
First Jordan ... and now Campbell shingles ... what is the world coming to besides we are all getting older.
Jim...we can use a lot of that mosquito chemical here.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on June 23, 2021, 12:58:27 PM
Morning,
Still alive here...the return of the heat is coming back to Minnesota today.
Received a health check call /email from Jaime to see if all was good yesterday.
Rain is still needed as the weekend only produced 1/4 to less than 1/2 inch and that is a 30 day total for our county.
First Jordan ... and now Campbell shingles ... what is the world coming to besides we are all getting older.
Jim...we can use a lot of that mosquito chemical here.
Tommy

Tommy

You must have read Craig's thread about Campbell shingles - just wanted to let you know I found my box full of Jordan's that I bought at a show many many years ago.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on June 23, 2021, 12:58:27 PM

Just wait for the spike, Tom! It'll be Shinglemas soon enough.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL