FRIDAY JUNE 21, 2021

Started by Jerry, June 25, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Is there anybody out there???

Morning

The sun is not shining in South Jersey today!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Morning Jerry and others,

I was here very early but didn't unlock the door.

Have a great day ya'll

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

Summer lazy days are here.
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

A very rare day where I have the house to myself.

Do I be good and do my work or do I let the workbench take me over?

deemery

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on June 25, 2021, 10:26:40 AM
Morning all.

Animal House :-)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ArK_KYDeSo

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Last day of vacation (not counting the weekend).  :(  I was going to clean the gutters this morning but it looks like it may start raining at any moment so I won't bother.  I think I'll just treat myself to an afternoon at the workbench instead.   :D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: deemery on June 25, 2021, 10:53:40 AM
Quote from: Keep it Rusty on June 25, 2021, 10:26:40 AM
Morning all.

Animal House :-)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ArK_KYDeSo

dave

Haha! Been some years since I saw this one!

Raymo

Good Afternoon, I had a busy morning at work. Great Painting Tom!

ACL1504

Quote from: Raymo on June 25, 2021, 01:25:14 PM
Good Afternoon, I had a busy morning at work. Great Painting Tom!

It's a water color by Mike Pearsall.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

EricQuebec

hello all,
nothing special. Except some very great deal yesterday on eBay. Many FSM kit a really fairly price. Imagine a duffy'S coal yard at only 100$ in buy it now mode. (unfortunately a guy was more quick than me and I ve lost this bargain), but I'm now the ahppy owner of a cartwright machine shop for just 200 bucks...
great deal you saaid....

have a great day you all.

S&S RR

Very late checkin, today.  We just put the Grandkids to bed. Trains are on the back burner for a few days - outside fun with the kids. I hope everyone had a great day.

Eric

In the summer time you can get very good deals on kits if your patient.  I have bought most of mine that way. I have all I need now, but I used to put a low bid in on anything that came up that was still on my list. My number was usually half the going rate. I remember getting Brambells for $400 back in the days when it was going for $1500. I have no idea what the going rate is anymore. I suspect it's much lower than in the good old days. I think the kit collecting hobby is gone and now your bidding against modelers.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

EricQuebec

Quote from: S&S RR on June 25, 2021, 08:12:08 PM
Very late checkin, today.  We just put the Grandkids to bed. Trains are on the back burner for a few days - outside fun with the kids. I hope everyone had a great day.

Eric

In the summer time you can get very good deals on kits if your patient.  I have bought most of mine that way. I have all I need now, but I used to put a low bid in on anything that came up that was still on my list. My number was usually half the going rate. I remember getting Brambells for $400 back in the days when it was going for $1500. I have no idea what the going rate is anymore. I suspect it's much lower than in the good old days. I think the kit collecting hobby is gone and now your bidding against modelers.

Hi John,
I'm agree with you, I've see that the price are lowest tan few years ago.
I think Maybe the speculator are gone, after founding that modelers are not foolish as they think, and now, as you said we bid against real modelers.
Eric