Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Started by ACL1504, June 29, 2021, 06:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

I getting an early start on cutting the grass prior to the heat. Layout work later this afternoon.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Unknown water color artist -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

vinceg

Good morning, all. Voir dire today for US district court -- I was called for jury duty. We'll see...
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

MAP

Good morning!  Another hot one here in Ct today.  I'll get some outdoor chores done in the morning, then head to the cool cellar for some train time.
Mark

Raymo

Morning. Another warm one in these parts today but we'll deal with it. Should be cool in VT. later this week.

BandOGuy

7:07 AM and two plusses already for the day: we resume Tuesday Night Ops tonight and the first day of the new AC install. Got so warm indoors yesterday, I had to put the Hershey's Kisses nibble bowl in the fridge. They were melting in the wrappers in the TV room.
Onward!
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Nice save BandOGuy.  Melted Hershey Kisses would not be a good thing.  ;)

Nothing to report at the workbench.  I haven't spent too much time at it since I got back from PA.  Just a temporary lull until inspiration strikes.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning From Ohio. Warm, just like everywhere. I found an incredible source of information I wanted to share:

https://archive.org/details/buildingtechnologyheritagelibrary

This is a part of archive.org, the one stop place of documents. I took this photo from a catalog of a wood tank supplier.

I think I found my source for scratch building information.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

S&S RR

Good morning! I need to mow but darn if it isn't raining. ;) A little workbench time and then some chores. We have had a lot of rain the last couple weeks. I hope everyone has a great day.  Another F&SM scene.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MartyO

Morning,

Records were broken with countrywide high of 116f (45c). I am sure glad I got a new AC last month.
Marty

Jerry

Morning everyone

Just hot in Jersey 98 today!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Been working on a new diorama recently (a hired build) and I'm nearing the end. Can't wait to share it. I then have another build to do afterwards, but I'm itching to get back to the Rocky Point Harbor tribute. I've neglected it too long now.

I'm also making plans to visit the F&SM for the first time in July. Very excited for that.

Stay cool.

NEMMRRC

Greetings.

When is the F&SM July open house?

I mowed after I got home from work yesterday. It was HOT ...

More of the same today. Lots more....

Jaime

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: NEMMRRC on June 29, 2021, 11:03:42 AM
Greetings.

When is the F&SM July open house?

I mowed after I got home from work yesterday. It was HOT ...

More of the same today. Lots more....

Jaime

Per an email I received from George (and since publicized on the other thread), there's one on July 17th and one on August 14th.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Late check in today...Sandy is home recovering from an outpatient doctor visit yesterday...
so I slept late too because of the early start on Monday...stay safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com