Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Started by ACL1504, June 29, 2021, 06:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: NEMMRRC on June 29, 2021, 11:03:42 AM
Greetings.

When is the F&SM July open house?

I mowed after I got home from work yesterday. It was HOT ...

More of the same today. Lots more....

Jaime

I'm in the process of spending a small fortune to get my irrigation system fixed/upgraded and new sod put down.....

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Wife and I are arguing about irrigation.  It's clear that's the only good way to get a guaranteed lawn.  But (a) it's expensive and (b) when we're in drought (like we are now), you are either 'strongly discouraged' or 'prohibited' from running it -when it's most needed-. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on June 29, 2021, 11:14:07 AM
Quote from: NEMMRRC on June 29, 2021, 11:03:42 AM
Greetings.

When is the F&SM July open house?

I mowed after I got home from work yesterday. It was HOT ...

More of the same today. Lots more....

Jaime

Per an email I received from George (and since publicized on the other thread), there's one on July 17th and one on August 14th.
Thank you.
Sounds like it will be a fun time at the F&SM this summer.
Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: deemery on June 29, 2021, 02:05:11 PM
Wife and I are arguing about irrigation.  It's clear that's the only good way to get a guaranteed lawn.  But (a) it's expensive and (b) when we're in drought (like we are now), you are either 'strongly discouraged' or 'prohibited' from running it -when it's most needed-. 

dave
We are on a well so the only thing keeping me from having all the water I need is electricity to run the well pump and my neighbors that might consume even more water than me :-)

Jaime

MartyO

Quote from: NEMMRRC on June 29, 2021, 02:26:49 PM
Quote from: deemery on June 29, 2021, 02:05:11 PM

dave
We are on a well so the only thing keeping me from having all the water I need is electricity to run the well pump and my neighbors that might consume even more water than me :-)

Dave,

I tried a prototype irrigation solution, but could only get on head working and when I added the second head only a dribble came out. The problem is there was not enough flow and/or pressure to feed the heads. The house feed is only a 1/2" pipe and the pressure was only 40 PSI. No way was irrigation was going to work for me. Water is "cheap" here except when I get letters from the utility telling me that I am using too much water.

Jaime
Marty

deemery

Jaime, well water is great, until the well goes dry.  That happened to my parents in our house in Mass.  We ended up putting another 400' into that well.  Mom said, "My new car is in that hole in the ground."  In the interim, we ran a hose from a neighbor's house to get water to cook, etc. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to