The Flux Mill [Diorama]

Started by Keep It Rusty, July 13, 2021, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, Jerry! I had such a blast making this.

FOS Scale "Hollis Pest Control" up next!

Bernd

I can't add any new words to compliment the work you've done on this project in such a short time, but WOW. As Tom said, you surpassed Selios.

One thing I've taken away from this forum is how one builds dioramas and then adds them to the layout. Has me thinking of revamping my stone crusher building.

Looking forward to your next project with baited breath.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Oldguy

Fantastic!  Absolutely fabulous.  You have the eye for grunge and gritty atmosphere.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

NKP768

Wow Craig - another level modeling - amazing detail - looking forward to the Hollis build.

Doug

tom.boyd.125

Craig,
What can we say but your modeling is fantastic and your client will be very happy with this work of art.
Thanks for sharing !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

sdrees

This is some very nice modeling Craig.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Drees
SP RR

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: Bernd on August 02, 2021, 09:31:20 AM
I can't add any new words to compliment the work you've done on this project in such a short time, but WOW. As Tom said, you surpassed Selios.

One thing I've taken away from this forum is how one builds dioramas and then adds them to the layout. Has me thinking of revamping my stone crusher building.

Looking forward to your next project with baited breath.

Bernd

Wow. Thank you, Bernd. Whilst I never set out to compete with George's talents, I'm flattered to be ranked with him!

Next one is around the corner.

Quote from: Oldguy on August 02, 2021, 09:49:26 AM
Fantastic!  Absolutely fabulous.  You have the eye for grunge and gritty atmosphere.

Thanks, Bob! Whilst I absolutely love aging and weathering, I really should try something a little less worn one of these days! Maybe I could do that with the next one!

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on August 02, 2021, 11:22:46 AM
Craig,
What can we say but your modeling is fantastic and your client will be very happy with this work of art.
Thanks for sharing !
Tommy

Thanks so much, Tom! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Sharing always gives me the extra "umph" to start the next one as soon as possible.

Quote from: sdrees on August 02, 2021, 12:53:31 PM
This is some very nice modeling Craig.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of exclamation marks! Haha! Really appreciate it, Steve!

craftsmankits

Looks great from every angle.  That, should be a kit available for purchase, and don't leave out the nasty mattress or soiled leather chair, those are 'must haves'.  Wish I could work that fast.

Keep the hits coming! 

Mark

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, Mark!

Hold your hat on this becoming a kit. And don't worry, those particular details will be included!

ReadingBob

That's amazing Craig!  I'm afraid I can't add anymore to what's already been said.  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, Bob. I really appreciate you stopping by!

postalkarl

Hey Craig:

Just beautifully done. Great colors and weathering.

Karl

Keep It Rusty

Karl — thank you very much. I'm so glad you like it!

S&S RR

Craig

I'm coming in to the final discussion on this one a little late and those before me used up all the complements. All I can say is - it's all about the details and you nailed it.  Ditto what everyone else said. Great work - I can't wait to follow the next one.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on August 05, 2021, 08:18:29 PM
Craig

I'm coming in to the final discussion on this one a little late and those before me used up all the complements. All I can say is - it's all about the details and you nailed it.  Ditto what everyone else said. Great work - I can't wait to follow the next one.

Very grateful, John. As a big fan of your work, I'm always thankful to have you stop by. I'll be sure to make the next one (starting within the next few days) far more included in the steps to making it. This one just whizzed by.

As a finally note to this build, I'm pleased to announce a kit of it is... coming!