Sunday, July 25th, 2021

Started by S&S RR, July 25, 2021, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm back home after a week long adventure with my whole family.  We loaded up the Michigan part of the family on an airplane and flew to California to meet the newest member of the family. I rented a 6 bedroom house Silicon Valley and we had a great time.  A hike through the Red Woods, a hike along the beach so the Grandkids could get their feet wet in the Pacific Ocean etc. etc.  It took last years travel budget and this years to make it happen, but it was worth it. We kept real busy.

I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Morning. Glad you had enjoyable trip John. Sometime family trips can be stressful.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning;

John glad you had a great trip, grandkids are fun. Dan, love the truck I just finished a 1904 Oldsmobile - it did not turn out like yours  :-\ oh well.

Today is our last day in NH. There are issues back home and wife is needed to help a sister deal with her sick husband. She will be flying home tomorrow and I will begin the drive back to Florida. Oh well, had a great time, great memories.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

John,

Happy to hear you and the family had a great time.

Yesterday the Judge, Reading Bob and DeMayo came down to run trains and we had a grand ole time BSing. Lunch at Del Dios and more BSing.  fun times yesterday.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Morning everyone!

John glad to hear you had a wonderful time with the family!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Raymo

Quote from: Raymo on July 25, 2021, 08:32:39 AM
Morning. Glad you had enjoyable trip John. Sometime family trips can be stressful.
Not mine, photo was taken on the F&SM Jim..

MartyO

Morning,

A day of watching our country try their best and cry.
Marty

jbvb

Good morning, all.  The NH seacoast is showery all day.  The rain isn't supposed to be intense, but still glad I cleaned my downspouts yesterday. Once I finish some work for the NER Mill City 21 convention, I'll spend the rest of the day modeling.  First up is airbrushing houses my wife has built.
James

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip John.   :)

Like Tom mentioned I participated in the BS sessions, lunch and catching up on the activities on at the A&S yesterday.  A good time was had by all.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Turns out I failed to previously process the comprehensive insurance package on the truck so there goes $500 for a new window!

The world must be balancing itself out after buying an FSM COAL DOCK and MAGNUSON FOUNTAIN BREWERY kits for $40 (total!) at the expo yesterday.

jrmueller

Good morning y'all. Had a nice rain yesterday. Because of our Virginia red clay a lot ran off but the garden areas received a refreshing amount.
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
John, sounds like you had a great family vacation to the West coast...
Craig, sorry to hear about the car window...we keep our comp at 100 dollars here since we retired and had an problem...  our family visited a hobby shop in Chicago and when we were shopping our minivan was struck by a hit and run driver a longtime ago...the cost we pay for this hobby !
Have a safe weekend...will keep on watching the deer and the bear...he ran too fast...and racoons visiting the property looking for food...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

mecrr

You guys keep talking about rain when all I get is fires and smoke. Why did I leave Maine?
David
David Stickney - modeling the MeC while stranded in real Northern California (it ain't LA folks)

deemery

Work-in-progress.  An MDC reefer with the cast-on grabs cut off.  The decals are nice and thin, so I had a few application problems.  Once this side is done, I'll do a better job on the other side :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to