Thursday - July 29, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, July 29, 2021, 06:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Nothing going on here.  Just working for the weekend.  ;)

Not a great shot but while I was up in PA I wandered over to Opa George's side of the river and found the tracks leading to the other side of the Rockville bridge.  :)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

Nothing new here either.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Everyone

We are back from trip to NH. Really a beautiful state, had a good time. Now home, first project, clean the yard. Hope everyone enjoys the day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

Looks like a rainy day here in Jersey!

So no beach maybe I can get to the modeling table today!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

MartyO

Morning,

Rainy day, not plucking crabgrass today. Back to scanning.
Marty

S&S RR

Good morning! More storms here last night - the worst of it went North of my place.  Last weekend the tornado that made the national news deposited a 2 foot diameter oak tree on my God Daughters house - they were not home at the time so everyone is safe. The houses at the end of her short street are completely gone. The fire department got the tree off the house and have tarps over the roof.  The insurance company is telling her it will be hard to find contractors to make the repairs because so many skilled trades people left the state during the shut down.  I may be doing some 1:1 modeling next week. I hope everyone has a great day.

From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Morning ramblers.

Woke up to an email yesterday from the insurance glass repairers (even though insurance aren't covering it) stating they are cancelling the appointment as they cannot source the part from Ford. Discontinued.

Fortunately I've been able to locate a glass panel in a salvage yard on the East Coast. And they'll ship.

Took a chunk of the day to source, but I'm glad it's halfway to being sorted.

In the meantime, work and detail painting at the bench filled the rest of the day.

Have a good one. It's almost Friday again!

jrmueller

Good morning. Appointment with the cardiologist this pm. Not sure what's going on as she said she had "a concern " before ordering stress test etc. Oh well I'll be 80 in Nov so the parts are wearing out. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Scary storms yesterday evening at 9pm...no major damage here...but others were not that lucky...
Smokey air today...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

NKP768

Waiting for the mid afternoon boomers to roll in. Bob is that NS trackage the old Reading line that NS picked up after the break up of Conrail?

Hope everyone has a great day....

Doug

ReadingBob

Quote from: NKP768 on July 29, 2021, 11:43:31 AM
Waiting for the mid afternoon boomers to roll in. Bob is that NS trackage the old Reading line that NS picked up after the break up of Conrail?

Hope everyone has a great day....

Doug

Doug - That track goes over the Rockville Bridge so I always assumed it was Pennsylvania Railroads track.  I was sorely tempted to walk over and get some shots of the train on the bridge but I didn't want to get the N&S railroad police all excited.

PS - I do have a DVD which shows a Reading Railroad T1 crossing the Rockville Bridge.  The PRR leased a few engines from the Reading at one point in time.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

bparrish

Mornin' all...

Getting ready for the boys to come by this afternoon.  We'll drive a few and move some freight.  We might even make some money for the company.  Who knows ? ? ?

Have a great day.
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

NEMMRRC

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on July 29, 2021, 11:40:52 AM
Morning,
Scary storms yesterday evening at 9pm...no major damage here...but others were not that lucky...
Smokey air today...
Tommy
Howdy!

What do you know!?  I put together a plastic kit that resembles that signal tower.

Later.

Jaime

deemery

Back from the vet.  What we thought was a sprain turns out to be a bad hip.  So we have a referral to the vet orthopedic surgeon.  Apparently this problem can be mitigated by surgery.  But of course, we haven't seen the estimate yet, either.  :-(  Fortunately, our dog Livia is already a spoiled lazy princess, so carrying her more places than we already do won't be that much of a change...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to