Wednesday, Aug 4

Started by vinceg, August 04, 2021, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Greetings.

Condolences to Curt's family.

Hoping all are finding plenty of time to keep the hobby going forward.

Back to work. I found a small break in between work tasks.

Later.

Jaime

deemery

Condolences to Curt and family!

More work on switch machines today, I think.  Apparently parts for those are getting hard to get, due to the chip shortage...

John, I found your articles on top-mounted switch machines.  (http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4531.420)   Unfortunately, I'm installing a machine into a turnout that is already laid in place. 

add:  Success!  The turnout in question is under the blue arrow.  What I did was turn the layout lights on, then from underneath I could spot the throw bar hole.  There's double-sided tape on the switch machine, so once I pushed the rod through the hold, the tape held the switch machine into position.  I immediately apply a hemostat clamp to the rod on the top side, to make sure it doesn't fall back out.  Then I adjusted the machine for centering, and screwed the bracket into place.  It's more than 2' from the layout edge to this turnout's throwbar (under the blue arrow - wide angle photo...)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Sorry to hear the news about your mother, Curt.   Remember the good times.

Jeff

Opa George

Curt,
My sincerest condolences on the passing of your mother.  Best wishes for healing to you and your family.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

GPdemayo

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Curt.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL