Friday August 6,2021

Started by Raymo, August 06, 2021, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Morning all, Doing pretty good considering what I went through a week ago. My biggest problem is because of the medications and what that does to your eating habits and resulting discharge. On top of that I still have the catheter in till Tuesday so hopefully as the weekend rolls by I'll be feeling much better. Pain level is low so that's helpful but the stupid follow-up calls 6 calls from 3 individuals from the same office, but get some rest 😕

ACL1504

Morning Dan and others,

Happy to hear the recovery is going as expected. The one thing I mostly disliked about my surgery recovery was the tube thing which I had in for two weeks.

My plan is to work on the layout as I spent all day yesterday running errands.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Raymo built truck-

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Good morning!Glad you're doing well Dan.  Yep, those pain pills can sure do a number on your plumbing. 
Hoping to get to the layout today since I haven't touched it in days.
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Three day weekend for me.   ;D  Good to hear you're improving, Dan.  Every day should get a little better. 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Glad to hear from you Raymo!  Here's hoping every day brings you more and more relief and you can put this behind you as quickly as possible.

A mid train helper.  Some days I feel like I need a helper to give me a push.  ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Glad to hear you're doing well Raymo.

Today I'll be at Dad's going through paperwork.  I will probably take him out to lunch also.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Good morning! It's good to hear from Dan this morning.  Wishing you a fast recovery. I'm going to be spending the day getting the house ready for new carpet next week.  I hope everyone has a great day.

From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mecrr22

Glad things progressing Dan one day at a time and keep projects to 1/87 scale size for a while
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

Opa George

Good morning and happy Friday to all.

Glad to hear you are progressing well in your recovery, Dan.

Waiting here for the exterminator to come by. We had a treatment for a yellow jacket nest in our siding near the front door one week ago. The technician dusted and activity fell way down right away, then started picking up again Wednesday. Called and they are coming out to apply a second treatment this morning.

Those yellow jackets are persistent.  I don't usually bother exterminating them as they are also pollinators, but nest on the front porch was going to be a problem.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

jrmueller

Good morning Dan and others. Dan take It easy and be patient. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

rslaserkits

working on a new N scale kit here, in between cutting orders and getting ready for shows.
rich

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Dan your recovering is making progress...
Finally had a T-storm at 930pm with lots of thunder, lighting and heavy rain...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Great to hear from Raymo! 

Today's task was to clean the basement shop area.  I've been having problems making some of the power cables for the switch machines, I think my wire (insulation) is too thick to fit properly into the connectors.  So I ordered the next size smaller wire, and will try again tomorrow. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

My big work thing for today, that I've been working on for 10 days, is done.

And was very successful.

Not often I have those Fridays.

Enjoy your weekends, all!