Thursday - August 26, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, August 26, 2021, 06:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Still working from home.  Not that I have a problem with that.  We were supposed to return to the office last month but, of course, things kind of went South with pandemic so our return has been delayed.  Maybe I can sneak a little workbench time in over my lunch hour today.   ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

My plan is to edge and cut the grass but it looks like rain and all is wet now. Guess I'll have to do more work on the layout.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MAP

Good morning!  Heat index of 100+ today, so I'll be hanging inside, although I need to make a grocery run first.  First, coffee.
Mark

S&S RR

Good morning! I need to cut my grass, too. I have been putting it off because of the heat wave we are experiencing (our normal sticky August weather). I think I will head into the train room and wait until it gets cooler. ;)  I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Off for the next four days.   8) Landscaper coming later this morning, otherwise nothing planned for today but decompressing from the last 3 days of work.  It has finally rained here  the last two days, so I may need to cut the lawn soon after not needing to for about 2 weeks.

Jeff

vinceg

Good morning all -

Great picture, John. I have always liked that building. Sorry that George never made a kit out of it. I have no idea what all those ducts do but, hey, that's not the point, right?

Bob -- today starts the last PI planning session of my life. Yes, you may envy me  ;)

Cheers, everyone
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Yesterday I ballasted around 12 feet of the mainline that wraps around the engine servicing area. I also finalized the location of the outlying buildings for the mine. Today and tomorrow will be at Dad's.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

MartyO

Morning,

I think I will do those things that are so small and annoying, like sand in your swim shorts.
Marty

ReadingBob

Quote from: vinceg on August 26, 2021, 08:25:40 AMBob -- today starts the last PI planning session of my life. Yes, you may envy me  ;)

Good for you Vince!  ;D  I am jealous though.  I figure have 11 more to suffer through.   :'(
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Morning. Last week I mentioned my morning routine of iceing my back, drinking coffee, and watching Jason Jenson videos while sitting in an old recliner in my garage. I'm really enjoying watching how Jason will break larger buildings into multiple smaller buildings that look incredible. I can't wait to start using some of his techniques on my next build.

Jerry

Morning everyone

With my hand in a sling until next week.  Typing is a pain in the ass!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on August 26, 2021, 08:25:40 AM
Good morning all -

Great picture, John. I have always liked that building. Sorry that George never made a kit out of it. I have no idea what all those ducts do but, hey, that's not the point, right?

Bob -- today starts the last PI planning session of my life. Yes, you may envy me  ;)

Cheers, everyone

Vince

See FSM kit number 200 Rollin Saywer Chemical Company.  George kit bashes his own kits.   I would not want to own property anywhere near that plant - who knows what they make.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Morning ramblers!

John — you pipped me to it! I remember discovering that myself a few months ago. There are a few kitbashes peppered throughout the F&SM and I love finding them.

vinceg

Great insight, John. I thought it looked a bit familiar. That's one of the few kits I don't have. You just made it harder to resist it. Thx a lot.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee