F R I D A Y the 3rd of September in 2021

Started by NEMMRRC, September 03, 2021, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Fridays are a wonderful thing.

Well wishes to Tom's friends and all that need some rest and healing.

Second day of narrow gauge conventioning is over I tried to make it to a clinic but it was cancelled. I made it to the contest room, one home layout tour and I loitered about in the vendor room where there are lots of cool old kits for sale by tons of old trim codgers. At 55 I'm just a spring chicken at this thing. Where is the new blood that all these organizations are supposed to be pumping into the hobby ?

Anyway, here is a sample of what is found in the contest room.

Later,

Jaime

cuse

Tom, So sorry to hear about your friend (and his wife). Being in that business, incidental findings happen quite often...sometimes it's a real blessing to discover some unrelated condition earlier than you would have. Sometimes, just devastating.

Jaime, so glad to see you made it to Hickory. I was really torn about it as I almost booked it and now have a family wedding to attend but, knowing you're there to document always makes it easier. Lou Sassi's layout alone almost got me there. John and I will see you at the next one.

Have a great Friday!

John

ReadingBob

Morning all,

That's an awesome picture Jamie!  Thanks for posting!   :)

I'm certainly looking forward to the three day weekend.  I've got lot's of little projects scattered across my work bench.  Maybe I can make some more progress on them.   ;)

This is the last of my pictures from my Enola Yard visits this past June.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Thanks everyone for the support and well wishes for my friend and his wife. He is home now and all that can be done has been done. I told his daughter I'm taking some "Tom Time" and will go visit him later next week.

I have been getting in some modeling time and working on the layout but am behind on updates.

Cutting the grass this morning and then working on the layout is my plan for today.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Cliff Powers layout.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

MartyO

Morning,

Getting cold a night, 14C (57F). Clear skies and a sore muscles from cutting and digging out a 20' cedar tree.
Marty

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Out to Dad's today. Tonight another tub to shower conversion contractor coming out to give an estimate.  Tomorrow I'll be home with the grandkids while they enjoy lawn camp ( I know I do). After that's done I'll drive them home and use SIL's air compressor to fill Dad's and my truck spare in preparation for the trip next week to VA.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Good morning from Michigan's North country. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Another two brutal days at work.  I'm not looking forward to working this weekend at all.  Off today.  Haircut later this morning.  Might try to mow today as well, but it's raining.  Good to se Jaime got to the NG convention

Jeff

jrmueller

Good morning y'all. Another beautiful day in the Piedmont of Central Virginia. Great to see your pictures again Jaime.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Raymo

Morning all. Been out to breakfast and had a good walk this morning. Prepping and painting some parts for my building too. Beats sitting in front of the TV..

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

deemery

I started a factory flat for the back of the staging yard last night, it's a relatively quick project using (Northeastern long sheet) clapboard and Tichy windows and doors. 

We're off to MD this weekend for a wedding reception (wedding happened a year ago...) 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

bparrish

Mornin' all...

Got a bunch of train time in over the last days...   I have a yard access track that has a curved turnout.   These things are possessed ! ! ! !

Some times an operator will shove a long string of cars through it a all ahead flank-tastic speed and other times nothing will push or pull through there.

I got on a tear to sort this thing out and after several days of "whack a mole"  I got it.   There is a slight grade change that occurs at this same location due to a change in available cork road bed materials over the years.   After a time with .010" brass shims I think I have it.

So yesterday the afternoon was spent putting all the overhead trolley wires back up.  I pulled them down for access to the track work.

For now I'm back in business.    And we do this for fun ?!?!?!?

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?