Morning- September 9,2021

Started by Jerry, September 09, 2021, 07:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Morning everyone

A rainy day in South Jersey.

I hope everyone is feeling well this am.

Errands to run then some bench time later on.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Morning Jerry and others,

I'll edge and cut the grass later this morning.  I'll try to get some modeling done today.

Funeral for Bob tomorrow at noon.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

Raymo truck on the old A&S layout.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

We woke up to lots of rain this morning. A depression formed in the gulf and is making its way across north Florida today. I guess we are on the south side of it but there sure is a lot of rain coming down.

Meeting up with friends for lunch and there is a neighborhood dinner tonight so no train stuff today.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Raymo

Morning. The truck was a favorite build of mine, I need to build another.

S&S RR

Good morning! Workbench time for me this morning. ;D  I hope everyone has a great day. If you are a F&SM fan make sure you check out Tom's thread on newly found old F&SM photographs.

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=5979.0

From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

I am going to study the living room ceiling or count the clouds passing by. Ha life.
Marty

vinceg

Good morning, all. Beautiful day in Chicagoland -- high in the 70s.

A little more basement cleaning today and then back to some railroading activities. Hope to get back to my build thread shortly.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Been off line for a while...lost an old friend to cancer last month...getting back to normal now...
Received news today that a Forbes magazine person wrote up the town of Osceola Wisconsin and mentioned our candy shop.
Nice cooler weather here too, except for the skunk that makes us close the windows at night.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

jerryrbeach

Good afternoon. 

I'm just finishing up my lunch and thought I'd check in.  I've been working on replacing the fan hub on my big tractor, bearings went out on the old one.  I need to shift gears this afternoon and go back to the fence work I didn't finish yesterday. 

Since it is getting dark earlier evenings I am finding some time most nights to work on some modeling.  Small projects, nothing particularly newsworthy.

Everyone have a great afternoon!
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Using some rest time to dream of a O-Scale project... It'll be a doozy.

Hope you all have a great day.

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

I love the truck Tom pictured that Dan built.  It's a real gem.  In spite of all the eye catching trains and what not present on the A&S my eye always seems to wonder to the vehicles Dan build.   ;)

I had to run down to the office this morning to clean out my cubicle.  The company is permanently closing several floors in the building.  In the future when I do going into the office (which is a big IF) I'll have to reserve a workstation on one of the remaining floors. 

Not much to report on the workbench front.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Wow, Bob, moving to 'reserved shared space' is a big change!  Will they provide some sort of reserved locker for you to put stuff, or will you have to bring your entire office with you each time you go in?  What happens when there's a surge and it is "all hands on deck?"

Tommy, sorry to hear about your friend. 

Today's Roman Architecture class continues our initial tutorial on using SketchUp.  This time I've written down my UNH password so I can log on.  (At home I use a 'password safe' rather than trying to remember a gazillion different all obscure passwords....)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Quote from: deemery on September 09, 2021, 01:08:14 PM
Wow, Bob, moving to 'reserved shared space' is a big change!  Will they provide some sort of reserved locker for you to put stuff, or will you have to bring your entire office with you each time you go in?  What happens when there's a surge and it is "all hands on deck?"

To be determined.  We'll hear more about it next week.  For now I'll continue to work from home (even though my wife wants the dining room table back).  Maybe I can stretch this out until I finally retire.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.