Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Started by ACL1504, September 14, 2021, 06:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I'll be off the forum for a few days as I will be going through some medical tests. Last month a routine EKG  showed some Severe Tricuspid Aortic Valve Stenosis in my heart. Today I'm having a left and right heart catheterization with Iodine dye to see if all is well or other possible blockage is present.

This was very much a huge surprise as at 75, I've never been on any medication other than for the flu or Covid-19. Not now or have I ever had any indication there was a problem.

I guess I'm looking at some sort of stint of other procedure in the future depending on the test results. That doesn't scare me as much as having to go on some sort of life long medication. I've been fine for 75 years by not taking all the pharmaceutical meds folks my age have been taking for years. But hey, gotta do what ya gotta do to continue building the empire.

Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Good luck with the tests, Tom.  I'm getting ready for another work day.

Jeff

Raymo

Morning. Hope everything turns out well for you Tom. Still here doing what I'm doing.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Best of luck to you with the tests Tom.  We'll keep the light on for you.

Nothing to report on the workbench front.  Just busy pounding away at the work PC Monday thru Friday. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

If the tests come out as good as your modeling skills, you've got nothing to worry about Tom.
Happiness, thy name is progress.
Stay healthy out there.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Dennis Bourey

Good Luck Tom, My brother had that procedure done 11 years ago and still doing good. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Tom, best of luck. You've done exceptionally well getting this far, so count yourself very lucky already!

Hope everyone has a great day.

S&S RR

Good morning! Good luck with the testing Tom. I'm heading to the Northern Hqtrs. for a few days to look for some fish. I hope everyone has a great day. From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Hi Tom - I'll be 80 this Nov and just had one of those catherizations(sp) with a clear result. You should do just as well and the procedure is no sweat. I do have a pacemaker and that also was no big deal. The whole gang of pseudo physicians with one exception are thinking of you. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

Good luck to Tom's ticker...   I just got back from my quarterly doctor appointment, where the result was "not dead yet."  (I also got a flu shot.)

I'm trying again on the clapboard flat for my 'stoneworks.'  This time, I'm going to do all the coloring -before- I cut the window or door openings.  My reasoning for this is that the openings provide (much) more surface for the medium (water or alcohol) to penetrate and therefore warp the wall.  I started this project by spray-sealing shellac.  Then I applied some Vetero stain.  Today I'll do the (weathered) paint color.  After each treatment, the wall panel dries while being held down by bricks.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Opa George

Best wishes for a completely routine test with good and favorable results, Tom. 
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

NKP768

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in today...
Heavy rain last night and cool fall weather today...
Good Luck Tom with that heart test...had mine done almost 13 years ago with that dye...I call it the Run Forest Run test...
Only health issue now is my modeling hand going numb on the workbench or while driving...your only 2 years older then me Tom...just part of the age thing...
See they need 12 people to clean up a steamer...that's why us modelers need help cleaning the basement and our workbench...we are only single help...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com