Sunday, Sep 19

Started by vinceg, September 19, 2021, 08:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Curt, replacing a thermostat is sufficiently simple (and cheap) that even I could do it.  Might want to do that, and then watch for the warning light. 

Always great to see F&SM photos, I've been trying to see what's changed since my last visit 2 years ago. 

Back down to the train room in a couple of minutes.  After laying the first wall of the stoneworks against the backdrop, I decided I needed more, so I cut out a 3 story addition, sealed and painted it.  I'll do the spongeworks paint weathering, then the bracing and cut out the windows.  I -think- I'll put a mansard roof on this, I need to figure out how I'll do the mansard... 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Well Good Afternoon Folks;

F&SM was a great trip for Deb and me along with the rest of what became known as the EXPO orphans.

Today I am sitting with her at local hospital. All the testing is done; gallbladder. Now waiting for surgeon to schedule surgery which will most likely be tomorrow (healthcare does very little on weekends in the US today). So hopefully all will go well and I will get her home soon.

I was able to get the FSM #140 sawmill installed at museum layout prior to getting the call and taking Deb to ER. Hopefully I will be able finish up the scene once I get my gal home safe and sound.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Raymo

Raymo

Quote from: Jim Donovan on September 19, 2021, 01:27:19 PM
Well Good Afternoon Folks;

F&SM was a great trip for Deb and me along with the rest of what became known as the EXPO orphans.

Today I am sitting with her at local hospital. All the testing is done; gallbladder. Now waiting for surgeon to schedule surgery which will most likely be tomorrow (healthcare does very little on weekends in the US today). So hopefully all will go well and I will get her home soon.

I was able to get the FSM #140 sawmill installed at museum layout prior to getting the call and taking Deb to ER. Hopefully I will be able finish up the scene once I get my gal home safe and sound.

Jim D
From someone who's been in the hospital recently Jim, wishing your wife the best!

Dennis Bourey

Thanks Raymo, Good Luck Deb....
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Late check in as we've just got back to Minnesota. Always great to be home, but sad to be that far away from what was the biggest inspiration, adrenaline shot I've had in this hobby — George's layout, of course.

I've got a whole bunch of photos to share and will find the best way to do so over the coming days without sacrificing quality.

Enjoy your Sundays!