F&SM Stories (a 2021 Open House visit)

Started by Keep It Rusty, September 20, 2021, 08:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Friends,

I have processed and uploaded my F&SM photos I shot using my DSLR.

I spent a little more than the 3 hours George was open (15 minutes or so) and he was a gracious host. Seeing the layout was an absolute dream. I got a tour pin and George even gave me a signed copy of his book (to replace my dog-eared version!).

I have named my album, "F&SM Stories", after some of the smaller stories I found myself documenting.

To preserve quality, I have uploaded them all, uncompressed, to an album I have created on Flickr.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWMxDDD

Here's a taste:

As this album is public, I have disabled the download function in effort to minimize re-distribution at lower quality. At Flickr, they are displayed in their uncompressed, original quality, in a large 2048 display size. This is a fantastic platform and I'm happy with the way they look.

Should anyone wish to have a full 8000x8000 sized original, drop me a message and we'll work something out!

Enjoy!

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jerry

Craig a very nice job of photo shooting.

Been a while since I was there so the update was apricated.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bernd

Absolutely beautiful picture you took. Nice job.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

S&S RR

Craig

The pictures look great, I look forward to looking thorough your flicker album.  Please let us know when it is available.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I just realized that the Swakhammer's prototype build, that I post a picture of in the baggage car, was sitting right about where you took this picture of Franklin.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

So sorry guys! I was a silly boy and somehow deleted the link from the original post! Fixed now!!

jrmueller

Craig - Thanks for the great collection of pictures. As many have said, I see something new every time I look.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

tct855

Craig,
           These are some of the best pictures of the f&sm I have ever seen!  What a fantastic job you did capturing the layout.  :)
                                                                                                                                                                                               Thanx Thom...

Keep It Rusty

Wow, thanks Thom!

I'm so glad you think so!

I'd love to pick your brains one day about the locos and cars you put together for the F&SM...

S&S RR

Craig

Your photographs are fantastic!  You have a great eye for the details. George has been very busy making changes the last few years. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.  I spent the last couple of hours looking at them - time to get to work on my layout. ;) ;D ;D
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, John! Just wish I had another 3... thousand... hours to get even more!

S&S RR

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on September 20, 2021, 12:22:37 PM
Thanks, John! Just wish I had another 3... thousand... hours to get even more!

I know the feeling - I have visited a number of times over the years ( I have lost track of how many) and I always leave wishing I could spend more time.  As a modeler, I always spend part of my time without the camera, the best pictures are those that are in my mind.  I look at what George has achieved and try to mentally figure out what techniques he used to get there. I'm already planning my next visit.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

Craig,

Just wonderful pictures of the F&SM. I'm amazed at how much he has changed and added since my 2016 visit. I know this is a structure forum but his locos and rolling stock are just as impressive as the structures.

Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Wonderful, Craig.

Lots of pictures of scenes I have not seen before, and lots of different views of ones that I have.  I have bookmarked the page for many return visits.

Before I left New Zealand in 2015, I sent George and Cathy a picture book of NZ scenery.  Cathy had pored over the pages, and when I arrived a couple of months later on the Saturday morning I was her new best friend.  she took me by the arm and spent the first hour of my visit giving me a personal tour of the layout, and pointing out her favourite mini scenes.  It was just lovely.

Cheers, Mark.