Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Started by ACL1504, October 06, 2021, 07:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

MRI news is that I will be having open heart surgery in November to replace the main Aortic Valve.

The bad news is that I haven't done any modeling in two days

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Not the news we were hoping for Tom but at least it's something that can be repaired.  We'll certainly have you in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this.

No workbench time for me either the past two days.  I need to get back to it.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PaulS

Good morning Tom and Bob, and all that follow,
Tom you will certainly be in all of our thoughts as you move forward with your surgery, and come through it feeling even better than you do currently.
Like Bob, I will be tending to my work computer, meetings and the daily grind for most of the day.
Have a good one all,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Tom I'm very sorry to hear your news. Of course you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Today Kathy and I are going back out to Dad's to do some more things. Who knows how long that will take.

I hope everyone has a  good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning All, Prayer's for you Tom.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning,

Tom, sorry to read that you will need surgery. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Rainy start to the day here.  That's not an issue as I have some work to do inside the barn.

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

BandOGuy

Best wishes, Tom. If fans make the recovery easier, know you've got a bunch of 'em here.
Damp and dreary here this morning. I guess fall has arrived.
Stay healthy!
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Blazeman

As I've not been visiting here lately, heard last evening from B&O Guy about Tom's "discovery."  While alarming, Tom is out ahead of it, which improves his situation and recovery. 

Pulling for you, Tom, as are the rest of the group.

Larry

MartyO

Morning,

Yikes! Tom you have a big heart and pray that the surgery will go well.

In other news, my 80 year old sister in Calgary had surgery a month ago for broken ribs from a fall and is now in a hospice with cancer and got Covid 19 while there. Luckily she had the jabs, but the family can't see her to say goodbye.
Marty

Raymo

Morning. Wishing you nothing but the best with your surgery Tom. Photo of the tower at Chesterville Station.

Oldguy

Tom, sorry to hear, but perhaps better do a preemptive strike now than the alternative.  Take care.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Lynnb

Not the best news on the surgery or the modeling but the good thing is you're going to come out so much better.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

ReadingBob

Quote from: MartyO on October 06, 2021, 09:02:28 AM
In other news, my 80 year old sister in Calgary had surgery a month ago for broken ribs from a fall and is now in a hospice with cancer and got Covid 19 while there. Luckily she had the jabs, but the family can't see her to say goodbye.

I'm so sorry to hear that Marty.   :'(   Thoughts and prayers going out for your sister and your family.

Covid has made it tough on a lot of folks.  I never got to see my mother the last year and half of her life because of it. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Going under the knife is never the most comforting news, but I'm always happy to hear there are options and ways of dealing with whatever life throws at us.

Wishing you the very best for it in November.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been able to get to the bench in two weeks!