Friday 22 October

Started by madharry, October 22, 2021, 04:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Good morning from the UK!
Jenny and I are off to the British Region NMRA Convention today with "Red Hook Bay". It is being held at the Derby Convention Centre, an Art Deco building that was once used by the Midland Railway. This week I qualified as a Travelling Ticket Inspector on the West Somerset Railway. I had to work the train on my own. It is purely voluntary and I am looking forward to the Christmas special trains. Have a great weekend everyone.
Mike

Opa George

Have a great time at the convention, Mike.
A cool morning here in central PA. Off to work shortly but looking forward to the weekend.  Cooler temps mean we'll need to bring all the houseplants back inside soon (we give them all a summer vacation outside).

Have a happy day, all.
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

ReadingBob

Happy Birthday John (Cuse)!

Enjoy the convention this weekend Mike!  I need to go find your thread on Red Hook Bay and....err....borrow, yeah that's the word, borrow some ideas from it.   ;)

T.G.I.F!  Final day of PI Planning.  After today a four day weekend!  I'll kick it off with a visit to the A&S tomorrow morning.

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

i need to clean the train shed for the open house tomorrow.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Morning and Happy Birthday to John! Spent part of yesterday cleaning up parts of the yard. Today I'll tackle the hedge and wash some vehicles for paint.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Happy B-D to John.  Off today.  Hurray.  Sure cooled off here yesterday, glad I mowed Wednesday and didn't put it off 'til today.

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

Furnace going full blast and the woolly gear is coming out of mothballs. Brrrr!
Marty

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Happy Birthday John. Back out to Dad's today. The electric organ is getting picked up this afternoon. It's the last piece of furniture in the house besides the garage. I think the house will finally be empty Sunday afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Question for those of you outside of North America:  How wide are your standard gauge railroad bridges (pre WWII)?  A friend asked me this question.  I responded "It's the same gauge, and I don't think there's much difference in engineering standards, but let me ask around."

Thanks much in advance!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

vinceg

Good morning. Looks like a little light frost on the lawn this am. Maybe time to shut down the A/C for the year....  :'(
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

MAP

Good morning!  Happy BD John.  Taking the boat in to get winterized, then out shopping with my better half for "stuff".
Mark

cuse

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I'm working from home today.

Neighborhood garage sale tomorrow...my wife will be hiding inside. I hate the hagglers too but I love clearing out stuff. I know that's how it works but "will you take a nickel for this?" makes me want to just throw it out instead or donate.

Have a great weekend!

John

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
First hard frost here today...
Happy Birthday John ...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota