Tuesday the 26th

Started by Raymo, October 26, 2021, 08:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Morning all.  I found out last night that Tom Davis, the owner of the Station Inn in Cresson Pa. died. I last stayed there at the Altoona EXPO in 2018 and he had just got out of the hospital then.

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Very poor sleep last night due to wife's restless leg syndrome. Off to the school today.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Everyone;

I hope Tom Davies passing was  peaceful and Curt hope you get better sleep tonight.  As for myself life is good. It is nice to be back home, drinking my coffee, checking out the latest news from all my friends.

I am currently helping organize the research room at the depot museum. Looking through old National Geographic I found wonderful train ads of the 30's - 50's. Hope to share:

Have a great day and model on!

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MartyO

Morning,

Rain continues today and I am almost ready for the return of my wife.
Marty

ACL1504

Morning all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY READING BOB!

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

vinceg

Good morning, everyone.

Sounds like it's Reading Bob's birthday. Happy Birthday, Bob. (Isn't this the last day of his four-day weekend?)
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Raining here (again?) with flood watch in effect until 12AM Wednesday.  I guess living on a hill has its benefits.  Just back from running several errands.  I like to save them up and do as many as possible at the same time.  I tell myself it is to save gasoline, but honestly, it might just be procrastination.   ;D ;D ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY READING BOB!!!  (in Reading green!)

Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

BandOGuy

What the others have said from your Reading country fan, ReadingBob.
Nothing new here except the fact that its Tuesday, so its Ops night. Actually, we're transitioning to day ops as most of the members are retired. Coupled with the earlier darkness time coming up, the group is "transitioning". Keeping some sessions available for the folks who still have to labor.
Stay healthy, dry and warm.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.   :D  One year away from enrolling in Medicare.  ;)

Yep, this is the last day of my 4 day weekend although I did just connect to work for about 15 minutes to check on something.  Yesterday was a good day at the workbench.  Today I have some errands to run and some yard work to do but hope to be able to sit at the workbench for a spell  after that.

I never got to stay at the Station Inn in Cresson but I did get to have a lunch there back in the 90's.  Sorry to hear of Tom's passing.  :'(

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Happy Day, Bob!  Hope you get some modeling in before starting the final year of work...

I should do a quick thread on how I built loading docks.  After doing almost 45" the last couple of weeks, I've gotten pretty good at it :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

Happy Birthday to Bob.

Work today, but I started the morning off with some little structure designs in Fusion360.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Happy Birthday Bob !
Remember to keep busy when retirement comes next year and take care of your health.
Photo from Chicago 1952 shows an old 3 story wooden building ready to be taken down...good shape other than it's leaning and has a few loose clapboards...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision