Friday - October 29, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, October 29, 2021, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

T.G.I.F!  Looking forward to some workbench time this weekend.  ;)

October is almost gone!   :o

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Off today, but have to work the weekend.  May mow later if it dries out from all the rain the last couple of days.  I'd rather mow when it's 90 degrees than today's 50.   :P

Jeff

MAP

Good morning!  A chilly start to the morning here & more rain tonight.  Oh boy.  A few chores first, then some train time.
Mark

ACL1504

Morning all,

A good friend of ours died yesterday of Covid-19.  :'(  She was only 57 and was vaccinated in June of this year. She fought it since October 5 of this year and was on the respirator since October12. Don't know if this is related but she was also a life long Diabetic.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom :'(
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm back working on the railroad, today. The rain moved back in last night and is supposed to last a couple days. Sorry to hear about your friend, Tom. We still have a lot to learn about this virus. I'm heading into the train room. I hope everyone has a great day. From the F&SM:

George only lets great modelers sit at his desk.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

vinceg

Good morning. Yes, John, if you're getting what we had (and are still having), it's a couple day-er. Still not complaining.....water table dropped a LOT this summer.

Meeting a modeling buddy mid-morning to have a chat over a couple of iced teas this morning but other than that, time to throw some coal in the ole air brush and start to paint the clouds in Monee.

Cheers,
V
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

Raymo

Morning. I hope I've lost weight since that picture was taken John.. :D I was able to repaint the parts that "blushed" yesterday with no problems, will try and paint some more later today before the rains returns.

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on October 29, 2021, 09:12:13 AM
Morning. I hope I've lost weight since that picture was taken John.. :D I was able to repaint the parts that "blushed" yesterday with no problems, will try and paint some more later today before the rains returns.

Dan

We have all lost weight since that day. ;) ;D ;D ;D And remember cameras add 10 %. I'm sure I can find a "scientific study" to prove it if I searched long enough on the internet. The picture popped up today on the gallery page I was choosing my F&SM picture from and I just had to post it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on October 29, 2021, 08:37:43 AM
Good morning. Yes, John, if you're getting what we had (and are still having), it's a couple day-er. Still not complaining.....water table dropped a LOT this summer.

Meeting a modeling buddy mid-morning to have a chat over a couple of iced teas this morning but other than that, time to throw some coal in the ole air brush and start to paint the clouds in Monee.

Cheers,
V

Vince

The water table has dropped about 18 inches on our side of Lake Michigan even with all the rain this year,  and we are on the receiving end of those windy city winds. It all depends on how much snow they get up around Lake Superior.
John Siekirk

Opa George

Happy Friday,
Wonderful lot of pictures this morning, thanks all for posting.

Bob, love that residence--is it just me, or is there the illusion of a giant eye peeking out of that 2nd story turret window?

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Jerry

Morning everyone

Tom sorry to hear about your friend.

Weather in Jersey cloudy with rain on the way for the next couple of days!

Hopefully bench time later today!!

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ReadingBob

Quote from: Opa George on October 29, 2021, 11:39:41 AM
Bob, love that residence--is it just me, or is there the illusion of a giant eye peeking out of that 2nd story turret window?

It does kind of look like that doesn't it?   :D   That picture was from my old hometown of Schuylkill Haven.  There are a lot of neat old buildings in that town with features like that turret. 

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.