The 2022 Winter Build Challenge

Started by Raymo, December 18, 2021, 08:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

I'm a little late this year on starting my appeal, but here I am asking you to help support the forum by taking part by doing a build thread on anything you want. The build can be anything, any size footprint, or scale. Most of us it will be the 3 scales of model railroading that most model but we've had other things built in the past. It will run from January 1st to April 15th but if you want to start early like Tom, have at it. All I ask is that you do a detailed build thread and post it to the forum. Thanks again in advance, Raymo    P.S., Use this thread to let us know what your building..

ACL1504

I'm building FOS Scale Models kit#2, The Red Bird Taxi and Auto Repair. The kit was released in 2002.

Tom  ;D

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6135.0
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

For me it will be something a little bit different.  A plastic kit the Judge asked me to build and light up.  8)  I haven't started yet.  I need to finish up the FOS Yard Office No. 3 that's currently occupying my workbench.

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

vinceg

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 19, 2021, 02:32:00 PM
For me it will be something a little bit different.  A plastic kit the Judge asked me to build and light up.  8)  I haven't started yet.  I need to finish up the FOS Yard Office No. 3 that's currently occupying my workbench.

Excellent choice, Bob! I have a few of these large Bachmann buildings as well. I'm planning to use them in my downtown Chicago scene that will be the upper deck of my peninsula sometime later. I am very interested in seeing how you will bring this to life.

V
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Janbouli

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 19, 2021, 02:32:00 PM

Always wished they had these in N-scale
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

I'll be following along. Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Mark Dalrymple

I'll definitely be rolling my sleeves up.

At this stage it is looking like either a scratchbuild based on Steam Era Structure's Layflatte linoleum factory or a scratchbuild based on Jock Oliphant's Flotation mine (which is, in turn, based on drawings in the Jan and Feb issues of the 1964 Railroad Model Craftsman magazine).

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

I will be participating again this year.  I have two FSM kits that I need to finish for the Eagles Nest Yard on my layout. The icing platform and the stone water tower Since I plan on building both during the challenge timing,  I will do build threads on both so I don't have to choose.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Thanks to everyone's help and input, I've decided to build Wiseman Model Services Kleiber open cab semi with flatbed trailer for the challenge build.

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Raymo on December 22, 2021, 10:21:20 AM
Thanks to everyone's help and input, I've decided to build Wiseman Model Services Kleiber open cab semi with flatbed trailer for the challenge build.
Don't forget the cookies.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

I'm building Carolina Crafstman Kits (CCK) super limited 2021 big kit season release - Nemchik's Ole Country Store in HO.

Jaime

postalkarl

Hey Jaime:

that's A beautiful kit.

Karl

Raymo

Quote from: NEMMRRC on December 22, 2021, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: Raymo on December 22, 2021, 10:21:20 AM
Don't forget the cookies.

Jaime
That's Keebler, not Kliebler silly goose

Graffen

Well, it's a tough decision...
I'm planning the mining complex that is to be the focus on the western part of my layout.
The biggest question is if it can be finished in one year....
It's all scratch built and will have features like an aerial tramway, loading chutes and other bits and pieces.
The inspiration is the loading operation in a video game called Red dead redemption 2!