Friday January the 28th of 2022

Started by NEMMRRC, January 28, 2022, 05:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 28, 2022, 10:46:18 AM
Passing along a big "Hey y'all!" from Tom (ACL1504).  I just got off the phone with him.  He sounded good and is looking forward to getting back to the workbench/layout and the forum but is not quite ready yet.

Bob

Great news! Thank you for passing it along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Mornin' all......

Sunny today for the first time in two weeks...........  Due to the mountain range on the east side of our valley the air bunches up and we get temperature inversions; warm higher up and cold and fog on the ground.  Pretty natural thing for January.   We may be breaking out of it for this year.

Good news about Tom...................

Can't wait for him to get back at it.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Zephyrus52246

Glad to hear Tom is doing well.  Thanks for the news.

Jeff

NEMMRRC

Lol 😂

It's much easier and faster to post photos to Facebook from my iPhone than here on the forum or from a DSLR.

If you have Facebook go the FSM group. If you don't have Facebook then just hang around here for the rest of the year as I slowly trickle the photos to the daily morning posts.

Jaime.

deemery

Anyone who lets Social Media apps of any brand/form on their phones are asking for their privacy to be violated...

add:  I started gluing the subroofs onto the car frames.  The car ends were previously glued, clamped and then sanded flush & square.  Each roof is custom-cut and carefully centered (most of the rest of the parts were cut using jigs, etc, to the same size.  The roof needs to accommodate any inconsistencies in the car length.)

whine:  Micro-Mark solicited product suggestions.  I sent them an email with a couple of ideas.  Today I saw they took one of those suggestions.  Of course, I never even got an acknowledgement of my email, let alone a 'thank you.'  The problem with the vortex paint stirrer, though, is that the stock top fits test tubes, but doesn't hold their own paint bottles very well.  So my suggestion was to do a new shallow funnel shaped top to hold model paint bottles.  p.s.  vortex mixers can be found for less than Micro-Mark's price  ;)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

A late check in for me. Thanks for the good news on Tom. Wish I had been able to go to Springfield but from what I see on TV about the weather that's coming it is best this Florida boy is staying home.

Hope the folks that are able to make it have fun and sty safe. It looks like they are going to have a real story to share.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Evening shift checking in also very late today...
Great news on Tom's recovery...THANKS for the progress report !
Jaime...THANKS for posting all those great photos of George's layout on the FSM Facebook Group today.
To all those that made the trip to see the layout and are going to the Big E show...safe travels in the snow !!!
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com