Saturday the 29th of January of 2022 - Big E blizzard

Started by NEMMRRC, January 29, 2022, 05:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Howdy.

It's snowing at the Big E. All's well In model railroad land.

See you all at the bargains table.

Later.

Jaime

Raymo

Morning. Jaime, that's not snow, that's a dusting! Between the storm and covid fears, this years show has a shortage on vendors. It will be surprising to see the crowd count. Guarantee the bars will be open

Raymo

I also wanted to pass on that Virtual Railfan is posting a live stream from the show if anyone is interested. Just go on YouTube and punch Amherst Train Show into the search. You might get to see Jaime buying a green hot dog.. :D

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Raymo on January 29, 2022, 05:34:59 AM
I also wanted to pass on that Virtual Railfan is posting a live stream from the show if anyone is interested. Just go on YouTube and punch Amherst Train Show into the search. You might get to see Jaime buying a green hot dog.. :D
Let's all meet up and stand in front of the camera and toast our green hot dogs in defiance of the Big E blizzard of 2022.

Jaime

MartyO

Marty

S&S RR

Good morning! Jaime keep us updated on all the $16 FSM kits you find.  I woke up this morning and took a look at my new clock/thermometer beside my bed and it said -8 degrees. Those negative numbers, even when you are warm inside, make it hard to get out of bed. It looks like the big snow has looped around us and headed to the train show. It is amazing how that works.

I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

Blowing light snow at 8:30, wind gusts up to 50mph and snow rates approaching 2"/hour predicted for mid-day.  As long as we don't lose power, I should get more progress on the batch boxcar build.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

I guess our temp of 42 is likely a fall day to most of you up north. Tomorrow the low is supposed to be 30. That's darn cold for Central Florida. Hopefully a lot of train room time today.

For those at the show have fun and stay warm.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jim Donovan

40 degrees and breezy in Central Florida. Apparently the high will be 45 then down to 25 tonight. So a good day to enjoy some benchtime. Hope you folks at the show are well. Looking forward to the picture of group with green hot dogs.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Quote from: S&S RR on January 29, 2022, 08:10:04 AM
Good morning! Jaime keep us updated on all the $16 FSM kits you find.  I woke up this morning and took a look at my new clock/thermometer beside my bed and it said -8 degrees. Those negative numbers, even when you are warm inside, make it hard to get out of bed. It looks like the big snow has looped around us and headed to the train show. It is amazing how that works.

I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

Sorry about the cold. John S. is one guy who will NOT be retiring to Florida...his benchwork was built to support a million pounds of scenery...that layout is going nowhere-so neither is John ;D .

I plan to book my hotel (at least) for the NNGC today...maybe some train time if life works out

John M

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

John S. wins for low temp, mine was only zero F.  Given our current two degrees above and blustery winds, we're looking at wind chills of -20, lower wind chills when the wind gusts of up to 30MPH are reached, so I might have a winner here.  You poor Floridians with 40 degree temps are breaking my heart.  Just sayin'.   8)

Obviously, inside stuff on the agenda.  One of the disadvantages to a bedroom layout is trying to figure out what kit will actually fit in any given (usually too small) space.  I'm spending a lot of time with footprints and mockups to see what will fit and also give me the best impact in terms of character, sight lines, etc.  It seems like that is most of my modeling lately, and it is somewhat frustrating to say the least. 

Everyone have a safe, productive day, and stay warm!
Jerry

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Low of 8 ...high 27 today...no snow...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Think I'll spend the day at the workbench.  I could connect to the office and do some work on a project but.....I'm salaried so the heck with that.  I'll ponder my current project at work while working on a model instead of pondering my next project at the workbench while staring at a computer screen.   ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

Afternoon

Snowing or I should say still snowing in South Jersey!!
We already have 14" of the white stuff with 3 to 4 foot drifts from the gusty wind 45 mph.

A good day to stay instead and sit at the bench.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln