FOS REA Building, kit bash and scratch build.

Started by ACL1504, November 12, 2023, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

A real gem for sure!  A large kit with extensive modifications.  It's going to be a real eye catcher in its new home.  Of course, it's also at eye level so that makes it more subject to scrutiny, but it'll easily pass with flying colors!  Well done indeed.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 08, 2024, 10:10:56 AMA real gem for sure!  A large kit with extensive modifications.  It's going to be a real eye catcher in its new home.  Of course, it's also at eye level so that makes it more subject to scrutiny, but it'll easily pass with flying colors!  Well done indeed.

Bob,

Thank you Butty, appreciate you stopping by. I'm very happy to have this one finished and I like where it will sit to be viewed at eye level.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I decided to light the main structure and didn't want light showing through all the windows.

I built a shadow box and fit it to the window/s I plan on lighting. The box covers the front door and office window.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I installed an warm white LED in the top of the shadow box as shown below.

Here is how it looks glued in place.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I built a smaller light box for one of the windows on the second story.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The next light will be in the small loading dock area.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I glued the fake wall to the main building.

I drilled two holes in the upper portion and installed an LED for the dock area interior.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The loading dock office was then glued in place up and against the fake wall.

Done for today.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Well done Tom;

I like the shadow box idea for the lighting, makes the building more realistic. I'm going to try that on next structure I make. the building looks fantastic and I always pick up ideas from your build threads, thanks

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

nycjeff

Hello Tom, the lighting on your build looks great. Guys like you and Reading Bob make lighting seem so simple, when I know that it's not. Good job !
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's