Monday 20 November 2023

Started by Keep It Rusty, November 20, 2023, 03:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Didn't get a lick of modelling in over the weekend. I did clean the gutters though. And some repair jobs around the house. It was one of those weekends.

Today though, I'm designing a water tower in 3D. I've decided to print them for the new kit, as opposed to the modeler having to build them. The support will still need to be constructed from stripwood though. (edit: water tank is now done. Onto another design!)

In forum news, I have found a way to regenerate some missing thumbnails for attachments. If, on your travels, you noticed some older posts were not showing a preview for an attachment at the end of the post... they should now (unless there is a deeper issue for that particular attachment)

Hope you all have a good day.

NEMMRRC

Greetings, one and all!

Today is my bride's birthday. Therefore, I will be spending the whole day doing what she wants.

Any good leads on Black Friday specials for some cool model trains?

Later.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning Craig and others,

Thank you for your continued efforts to rebuild our clubhouse Craig.

My sister comes in today for the week. Haven't seen her in 5 years so hopefully the visit will be pleasant.

I did get some modeling in yesterday so the day wasn't a total loss.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Happy Birthday to Jaime's wife Lisa. I hope I remembered her name correctly.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Good morning all,

Happy birthday to Jamie's better half!

I did get some workbench time in over the weekend.  The current build is taking shape.  A few more windows to install and then it's on to the roof and the remaining details.  Won't get anything done on it today though.  It's back to work for me.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Quote from: NEMMRRC on November 20, 2023, 07:10:55 AMGreetings, one and all!

Today is my bride's birthday. Therefore, I will be spending the whole day doing what she wants.

Any good leads on Black Friday specials for some cool model trains?

Later.
Open house at the F&SM, only $5 dollars..

Raymo

Morning. Happy Birthday to your wife Jaime. Didn't get to the bench as much as I thought I would yesterday. I'm glad it's only a 2 day work week..

Janbouli

Good afternoon , 2 days left of no work , doing chores right now and updating computers , some modeling later. Have a great day.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Good morning!  Happy birthday to Jaime's wife.  I'm heading North to winterize my cabin, this is the event each year that marks the start of modeling season. I took advantage of the sales this weekend to order modeling supplies. The 15 - 25 percent discount gets you down to the price it was a couple years ago.  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 20, 2023, 07:13:01 AMMorning Craig and others,

My sister comes in today for the week. Haven't seen her in 5 years so hopefully the visit will be pleasant.

Tom

Will you be in the shed all week?  :'(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 20, 2023, 09:19:50 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on November 20, 2023, 07:13:01 AMMorning Craig and others,

Tom

Will you be in the shed all week? :'(

Most likely!
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I'm just back from running errands; two grocery stores, gasoline, and three other stops, including buying a couple bottles of acrylic craft paint.  Planning mostly on house cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, etc., in preparation for the upcoming turkey day.  Hopefully I can find a little time to work on some scenery, hence the craft paint as I attempt to paint some rocks halfway realsitically.  

Happy Birthday to Jaime's better half.

Craig, thank you again for your efforts to not only keep our forum up and running but also inworking to restore what was lost!
Jerry

Rollin

Good morning and best wishes to all. It's great to see familiar names posting and bringing things back to life here on the forum. I've looked ahead on the calendar and started a New Year's resolution early by inviting some friends to join this forum. The more the merrier!
How about it; don't YOU have some acquaintance who is interested in models and prototypes? Someone who may be unaware of this great resource that is the Modelers' Forum? Pass the word today! And soon, when we see some new faces here, we'll all give them a hearty welcome!

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

I have spent the morning doing various chores. After lunch I'm headed to the LHS to get a piece of N scale track for the beam crane.

Happy Birthday to your wife Jamie.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision