Wednesday, 22 November 2023

Started by Jim Donovan, November 22, 2023, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Wveryone;

Well Happy day before Thanksgiving in the US. Tomorrow we will be gathering with Deb's sisters, and neighbours. Deb's sister is truly a great cook so I am looking forward to the day.

As for today some yard work and bench-time. I might work on a HO truck that has been waiting to be finished. Other the that I hope it's a good day for everyone.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Morning Jim and others,

Nothing on my agenda for today except running Pam and my sister all over the place.

Have a safe and healthy day everyone.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Morning all.....some guys have all the luck Langford.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

Greetings !!!!

I'm ready for some cranberry salad and sweet potato casserole. 

I'm hoping to get in some time at the workbench over the holiday. 

Be grateful. 

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Rainy and very windy last night.  Power was knocked out for a while and the house was cold when I got up this morning.  I reset my heaters when I woke up and the house is warming up, albeit slower than I would like.  I have spent some time cleaning in my man cave this morning, my modeling desk area was an out of control mess to say the least. 

Wrapping up some final touches of cleaning and laundry in preparation of my son's arrival late this afternoon for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Tom posted two new videos of his layout on YouTube yesterday.  here are the links:

Southern E8's pass the Atlantic and Southern roundhouse and turntable area at Dusk. - YouTube 

Southern E8 #6905 and #6914 through Tahope. - YouTube

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

So far, a relatively quiet day at work.  A lot of folks in the U.S. are off this week.  The crew in India will be going offline shortly given it's later in the evening for them.  I think I'll let myself go home early this afternoon.   ;D

Nothing special planned for tomorrow other than staying out of my better half's way as she cooks up a feast for the three of us.  Turkey, ham, stuffing, etc.  Then we'll start of the X-Mas season by watching Die Hard.  It's not X-Mas until Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Plaza.

Have a great one!  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

NEMMRRC

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 22, 2023, 10:30:47 AMMorning all,

So far, a relatively quiet day at work.  A lot of folks in the U.S. are off this week.  The crew in India will be going offline shortly given it's later in the evening for them.  I think I'll let myself go home early this afternoon.  ;D

Nothing special planned for tomorrow other than staying out of my better half's way as she cooks up a feast for the three of us.  Turkey, ham, stuffing, etc.  Then we'll start of the X-Mas season by watching Die Hard.  It's not X-Mas until Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Plaza.

Have a great one! 
Yippee kiyah!!!

GPdemayo

Quote from: NEMMRRC on November 22, 2023, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: ReadingBob on November 22, 2023, 10:30:47 AMMorning all,

So far, a relatively quiet day at work.  A lot of folks in the U.S. are off this week.  The crew in India will be going offline shortly given it's later in the evening for them.  I think I'll let myself go home early this afternoon.  ;D

Nothing special planned for tomorrow other than staying out of my better half's way as she cooks up a feast for the three of us.  Turkey, ham, stuffing, etc.  Then we'll start of the X-Mas season by watching Die Hard.  It's not X-Mas until Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Plaza.

Have a great one! 
Yippee kiyah!!!

or....."we're going to need more FBI guys"  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good afternoon.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!  I have driven across the State of Michigan 6 time in the last three weeks.  I'm Thankful for Thanksgiving, at home.  My daughter that is a nurse has to work the whole weekend so we celebrated Turkey Day early.  We are heading to a restaurant for dinner tomorrow with my sister-in-law and family.  It's official, modeling season has begun.

John
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad