Sunday November 26 2023

Started by GPdemayo, November 26, 2023, 07:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Morning all.....Xmas tree in a bucket of water on the screen porch, looks like the big holiday is rapidly approaching.

Have a great day y'all and get some rest after all the turkey and shopping!
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning Greg, and everyone arriving later. 

My son and I had a great day together yesterday.  We took a ride along portions of the NYO&W including a visit to Rockwell's Mills.  An O&W train was stranded there in a snow storm and local mill owner Chester Rockwell invited all the passengers into his home for food, drink, and to keep warm until their train was shoveled out.  His house still stands, albeit in need of some paint and TLC.  He'll be braving the holiday traffic to return home today. 

I hope everyone has a safe and productive day!
Jerry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

More workbench time on tap for this afternoon.  Looks like we may get some thunderstorms today so I'll stay inside just in case.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Good morning!  I'm taking a coffee break from my modeling - workbench time for me today.  ;D  Has anyone seen a report from George's Open House? 

I hope you have a great day and find your workbench,

John
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

I wasn't happy about the basecoat paint color above (and below) the rock face.  So I putzed with the paint color, then applied some darkened granite 'dirt' along the base of the cliff.  This looks much better, I think, but it still needs more work.  In particular, I need some appropriately colored talus at the bottom of the cliff.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Raymo

Good afternoon. Been busy with home stuff this morning checking in and then to the bench. John, I Wwas there Friday and he had about 15 people there at one point. George was happy it was on the light side. Next open house is the Friday before the Springfield show.

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

I forgot to post here again. :(

Today I did several chores and thought about what I want to do for the crane scene. I'm going to set it as an engine removal from a 44 Tonner. I already have one and it has always run like crap so no loss. It has a DCC decoder but no sound. I plan on opening the maintenance hatches on the appropriate side.

MOH dragged me to the new Costco by our house yesterday. :'( Although it was very busy, we found parking quickly and checkout was very quick, overall, not a bad experience.

What does the MYTH and LEGEND mean?

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

I've been going back through some of the older posts, remembering great builds.  I was particularly touched to review my "cigar factory" build that i did for the late Craig Bisgier.  I need to add the 'delivery' photo of the structure on Craig's layout to complete that thread.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Rail and Tie

Hideho Everyone! I trust all our US representatives are full of Turkey and Pie! Getting ready for our Christmas order season.  Little bit of snow this morning, but nothing is lasting so far.  Everyone have a great week!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com