November 29, 2023

Started by Jim Donovan, November 29, 2023, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Good Morning All;

I will kick off the day. Yesterday I took the Boss to the movies and dinner. The movie was Napoleon since I love history and have read many of the biographies of historical people, including Napoleon. This movie did nothing for me, the writing was poor, the acting bad and they essentially portray Napoliian as a shallow cartoon character with a high sex drive. We left after an hour. Oh well they can't all be hits.

Today I hope to get a little more work on model done but I also need to start get ready for our upcoming cruise Friday. We are invited on an all expense paid trip by Etsy, I guess that gives you a hint of how much jewelry my gal has gathered over the years. In any event, have a great day!

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Started out the day with a walk at 47F. What the heck was I thinking?

I talked to Tom yesterday and he is dealing with Step Throat, but it was caught early. He said he would post today or tomorrow.

Good to see Greg isn't overtaxing himself today. ;)

Jim I did not know you are "local" in the Villages."

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Raymo

Keep It Rusty

Hey everyone.

Jim -- that's disappointing about the movie. I had my hopes for what Ridley would bring to the table. I'll give you my take after I've seen it soon.

Hope you all have a good one.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Currently it is 22 degrees F in my little corner of upstate NY.  It is windy, so with the wind chill it feels like half of the actual temperature.  It is good to be back inside after a short jaunt into the cold outdoors and I'm trying to get warmed up.  On the plus side, the roads look good, and the snow squalls from yesterday are absent thus far this morning. 

Once I get the cold out of my stiff fingers I will be back to working on some boxcars.  I might even manage to post a photo or two later this week.

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day. 
Jerry

Vietnam Seabee

Jim...I hope the dinner was better than the movie....can't remember how long it's been since we watched a movie in a theater. Well before covid.

Low 40s in Orlando this morning but the sun is out. A small cadd project this morning then back on the O Scale Sawmill this afternoon

Terry

deemery

I've seen the movie version of "Napoleon" compared to the movie version of "Starship Troopers" - a story with very little relationship to the truth/source material but with a major burden from the director's biases.   Sigh...

Last movie we watched in a theater was "Dune Part 1".  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 29, 2023, 08:24:33 AMGood Morning All,

Jim I did not know you are "local" in the Villages."

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt we are in Chitty Chatty theses days, are you nearby?
Jim

Jim Donovan

Quote from: Keep It Rusty on November 29, 2023, 08:54:05 AMHey everyone.

Jim -- that's disappointing about the movie. I had my hopes for what Ridley would bring to the table. I'll give you my take after I've seen it soon.

Hope you all have a good one.
I was really looking forward to the movie because of the Director. He has done so many great history movies I thought this would be up with Gladiator. Let me know what you think.

Jim