Wednesday - December 6, 2023

Started by ReadingBob, December 06, 2023, 09:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Is everyone sleeping in this morning?  I thought I'd give someone else a chance to open up today.  Or perhaps you're all out shopping for X-Mas (hint: I take 2XL t-shirt).

Really not much to report here.  I'm sitting in one of the most boring meetings imaginable and barely listening.  I have to pay just enough attention to know when it's my turn to present.  I could care less about what everyone else is demonstrating.  This kind of thing I won't miss when I retire next year.

The workbench is calling.  I'm 4/5 of the way finished with Red Hook Fish Oil Company.  Once I get that one buttoned up there's a small bar that shouldn't take too long to build.  Then it'll be a matter of building the wharf itself and positioning all the structures.  This one was going to be a project I started when I retired but I kind of jumped the gun on it.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jerryrbeach

Good morning Bob, and everyone else checking in later.

The ground has a light coat of white and it is snowing lightly, though the forecast is not calling for any serious accumulation.  So, for yet another boring gray day in my little corner of upstate NY, no big deal.  Looks like a good day to do some modeling.  

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Working on my line-up of "Keep It Simple" kits today. They are due for release sometime early next year.

Hope you all have a good one. 

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

I'm at work.  Meh.  At least I'm off the next two days if I live thru today. 

We got back from California Sunday, had a great trip seeing my youngest daughter for several days.  No swimming weather in San Diego, but much warmer than when we returned to Iowa.  

I thought I had posted Monday, but didn't see it later in the day, maybe I dreamt it.  

Jeff

deemery

Good to see yesterday's update indirectly from Mad Harry.  

Today's first project will be cleaning up the train room enough that someone else can walk around, and then hosting James Van Bokkelen for a visit.  We'll look at the recalcitrant turnout where the switch machine won't close in one direction, as well as discuss scenery and general motivational stuff.  It's always good to have James visit, he points out lots of things I haven't thought about.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Vietnam Seabee

Oh how the weather can change in Florida... I'm sitting on the patio at the WAWA drinking coffee wearing a jacket...yesterday I was here in a short sleeve shirt!!!
Terry

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Like Bob I was in earlier but didn't start the post. Actually, I'm not sure how to do that now. I didn't want to mess anything up.

Started out today at 58F. Tomorrow is supposed to be 47F. After some chores we went to Sam's Club and spent too much money. After getting home I cut out detail parts then sprayed them with light gray rattle can so the detail paint will stick better.

Tomorrow I'll continue to work on the details after chores.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Rollin

Late check-in, but I have put up the Christmas lights outside today. Almost all of them lit up right away, so, not so bad...after all these are LED strings. I got rid of ALL the older strings before we moved back to Ohio.

S&S RR

Good evening.  I spent the day with my old roommate from college - he is recovering from surgery and I picked him up to get him out of the house.  He told me as soon as he gets back on his feet he is canceling his cable service and getting rid of his TV.  We got his Christmas shopping done and had a very long lunch. So modeling is going to wait until tomorrow but we had a great time talking about how 40 years went by in a couple weeks. We also had our traditional toast to our buddy Tim that didn't get to see all of those 40 years or retirement.

I hope you all enjoyed your day,

John

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

rslaserkits1

Welcome back just about gave up checking in to see if site was back up.
rich

Jim Donovan

Good Evening;

Thought I'd catch up a little on what is going on. We continue our Caribbean cruise stopping at Aruba today. Unfortunately the neuropathy was in all its glory so I only walked less than a mile. Deb headed off with friends while I got off my feet. So far the trip has been enjoyable but I am definitely missing working on my modeling. I have been able to do some design work and sitting on a balcony  watching the super blue sea is enjoyable as well. Until tomorrow.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad