Thursday, Dec. 14

Started by Rollin, December 14, 2023, 08:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin

How many shopping days 'til Christmas? Better get busy...

The first Christmas concert by The Cleveland Orchestra was last night...Magnificent. Really gets me in the mood.

Wake up, y'all.

Vietnam Seabee

<Yawn, Stretch >...Dang Rollin it's too early.... do you at least have coffee ready for us????

We're spending s few days in Lombard, Il (Chicago) with the grands...chilly but no snow

Terry

Jerry

Morning everyone

Where is the coffee????

I have an early morning eye appointment.

What's on your agenda today???

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!  :D

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Good morning!  Here's a what's on my workbench photograph.  Working on Leah's Dress Shop for my granddaughter. 

This is from a Monster Modelworks  special order kit - the laser cut name plate was custom for each kit.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Vietnam Seabee

Wall signage adds alot. Is it a scan and print or one of Daves Decals ghost decals?
Terry

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Started out the day with chores, but now killing time until driving Dad to the VA.

Yesterday was a good day in the train room. I found a T/O that was electrically dead. Figured out it was a bad solder and fIxed it. I also figured out the RS1 issue. It had gone into shutdown (QSI Titan). After inputing the start up code it ran fine.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Vietnam Seabee

Curt... thumbs up to your dad
Ooh Rah
Terry

jerryrbeach

Good almost morning. 

It snowed lightly overnight.  Somebody left my car outside not thinking it was going to snow. Oops. Good thing warmer weather is in the forecast for tomorrow. 

I have been working on a couple boxcars this morning.  I got the last of the details applied to one, and started final painting and  touch-up on the second.  The first needs the added details painted and some general touch-up where I scuffed some of the paint while doing the final assembly.  Once all the paint has cured both will get an overspray with Dullcoat to seal the paint before I proceed.

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

S&S RR

Houston, we have a problem - I hitting the quote button where Terry posted a question on my build and I'm getting a different posts in the quote area.  First time it was my post, then a second post from Terry.

Craig/Jim any idea what's going on. I will try one more time so you can see if there is some kind of pattern.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on December 14, 2023, 10:19:47 AMWall signage adds alot. Is it a scan and print or one of Daves Decals ghost decals?
Terry
Terry

It is a ink jet print of one of the thousands of photographs and add art work that I have collected over the years. I print them on normal printer paper and then sand the back to make it thinner before applying it to the wall. The technique that George Sellios developed and taught us back when we were young.  Collecting add artwork from the 1940's has become a side hobby.  

Third time was successful - ?   operator error - I have no idea. 
John Siekirk

deemery

I added shrubbery along the fence (both sides) and then I replaced the structures:
IMG_9538.jpeg

I need to do some scenery to the left of the large building, then replace the structures that go there.  I can then re-install the panel with the backdrop, and declare this area (underneath the stars between the two rooms) more-or-less "complete."

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Good Evening Folks;

Had a lot to get done today so first chance to say hi. John, I have no clue what that issue on the quote could be. Craig is the brains of this  Forum, I'm just the dummy who thought I could get it going again. All credit goes to him. As for my own modeling I have slowed down. Just need a break I guess, I still try to put a little time each day but the 3D printer is giving me a headache. I need to roll up my sleeves and just take the time to see that everything is clean, working right and in spec. Nothing major, I'm just lazy. I did attempt to laser cut a board on board pattern for the second floor of the clothing factory. I guess I can tone down the laser power or speed it up or both. When it finished it had cleanly made the required board on board floor, all cut completely to create a pile of boards! I must say it looked pretty good, even has the nail holes and grain flow so I will try again since I don't want to glue each of them to the other.

John and Dave the photos and structures look really nice. I've tried a ton of different ways of printing signs on walls but like John keep going back to the sandpaper method. Overall it has consistently produced the most realistic and readable signs.

Well hope everyone had a great day
[/siz.

Jim]
Holland & Odessa Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Jim Donovan on December 14, 2023, 08:47:03 PMGood Evening Folks;

Had a lot to get done today so first chance to say hi. John, I have no clue what that issue on the quote could be. Craig is the brains of this  Forum, I'm just the dummy who thought I could get it going again. All credit goes to him. As for my own modeling I have slowed down. Just need a break I guess, I still try to put a little time each day but the 3D printer is giving me a headache. I need to roll up my sleeves and just take the time to see that everything is clean, working right and in spec. Nothing major, I'm just lazy. I did attempt to laser cut a board on board pattern for the second floor of the clothing factory. I guess I can tone down the laser power or speed it up or both. When it finished it had cleanly made the required board on board floor, all cut completely to create a pile of boards! I must say it looked pretty good, even has the nail holes and grain flow so I will try again since I don't want to glue each of them to the other.

John and Dave the photos and structures look really nice. I've tried a ton of different ways of printing signs on walls but like John keep going back to the sandpaper method. Overall it has consistently produced the most realistic and readable signs.

Well hope everyone had a great day
[/siz.

Jim]

Jim

Well - I can't repeat the issue so this will be difficult to figure out.  I watched it happen twice this afternoon.  Computers.

I will let you know if it pops up for me again,

John
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on December 14, 2023, 03:29:30 PMI added shrubbery along the fence (both sides) and then I replaced the structures:
IMG_9538.jpeg

I need to do some scenery to the left of the large building, then replace the structures that go there.  I can then re-install the panel with the backdrop, and declare this area (underneath the stars between the two rooms) more-or-less "complete."

dave
Dave

That scene is really looking great. It's great to see modeling pictures on the forum that loves pictures.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on December 14, 2023, 01:59:02 PMHouston, we have a problem - I hitting the quote button where Terry posted a question on my build and I'm getting a different posts in the quote area.  First time it was my post, then a second post from Terry.

Craig/Jim any idea what's going on. I will try one more time so you can see if there is some kind of pattern.

John, I've not been able to reproduce that my end. Will keep an eye. If anyone else has a similar issue be sure to let me know. For now, let's chalk it up to operator error!

(Doubled up posts have been removed for thread cleanliness)