Saturday, January 13, 2024

Started by ACL1504, January 13, 2024, 05:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Saturday Butty Group meeting and open house this morning. Terry, Vietnam Seabee, is planning on stopping by as well. We promise to run a few trains and have lots of BSing. Lunch at 11:30 for more BSing.

Its still a little misty and windy here this morning at the A&S RR office.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Good morning , cold but sunny here , exactly how I like it . Makes me want to do things . Have a great day all.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

A chilly 7 degrees here this morning, and it won't get much warmer.  More snow today, but only an inch or less.  

Did some layout work yesterday and hope to continue that today.  Maybe start a kit to build while I watch football later.  

Here's a couple of pics of our back yard.  I estimate it's about 24 inches (61 cm) deep.  We've never seen it piled like this on the deck railings and the furniture.  The other pic shows the area I needed to clear for the dog to do her business.  

Jeff

GPdemayo

Morning all.....67° now, today's high 64°.....what the heck.  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning,

Started out with a walk at 71F today but I believe it's supposed to cool off again.

Today no train room since I'm headed to Tom's with Dad.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Morning everyone

Jeff now that's what I call a snowstorm!!!

IZZY the puppy is going to the groomer this morning.
While there we will do grocery shopping.

Maybe some bench time later in the day.  One can only hope!!

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

MartyO

Morning,

Boy it was a windy night, 4" of snow has turned into 2" of slush and promises to turn into a ice rink.
Marty

Jim Donovan

Good Morning;

Looks like our part of country has been spared the worse of this storm. I see that Tom is having an open house so I think I will crash his party. I had plans to work on projects but time to get out of the cave and see the real world. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Raymo

Morning. Rain,rain and more rain here in the corner of Mass. Must be because of my new snowblower purchase. Plan is to be at the bench anyway.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Rainy and quite windy here today, same as it was overnight.  Temps are forecast to fall throughout the day as we head toward some single digit lows in the forecast for next week.

Planning to get some bench time today.  I hope everyone has a relaxed and rewarding day.
Jerry

deemery

Quote from: Raymo on January 13, 2024, 08:57:24 AMMorning. Rain,rain and more rain here in the corner of Mass. Must be because of my new snowblower purchase. Plan is to be at the bench anyway.
Yeah, and if I ever get my snowblower fixed, that will rule out snow for the rest of the season.  It's a corollary to Murphy's Law. 

More work on the brickworks, I -hope- the latest approach for gluing the corner quoins actually works, because I'm getting really tired of having them falling off and trying to reglue them.  In some cases, the reglued piece doesn't fit as well as it used to.  In general, I'm running out of patience with this project. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Good morning!  Well - Dr. Jeff didn't keep all the snow for himself this time - we got hit pretty hard when the storm got to Michigan.  Wet heavy stuff - broke the tops out of two of my hemlock trees. We were on generator power for a little while.  Plowing is on the agenda this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Here is the railing behind my house.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad