Sunday, January 14, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, January 14, 2024, 07:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

It's 17 below (42 below with wind chill) here this morning.  Snow is blowing around and it's icy and slippery everywhere.  I will only go out to do some shoveling touch up where needed.  Otherwise trains, computer games and football are on today's agenda, though I wonder how much longer my wife wants to keep the Christmas tree up. 

Jeff

Vietnam Seabee

It's cool and overcast in central Florida this morning....for me today a few 1:1 home projects , some modeling time, and a grandpa nap this afternoon.
Yesterday I spent a very enjoyable morning with a great group of modelers at Tom Langford's Atlantic Coast layout. The guys were all very welcoming. If you ever mske it to Orlando for business or pleasure, hooking up with Tom and his butties should not be missed.
Thanks guys
Terry

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

The sun is out here, though probably not for long as there is some snow in the forecast for today.  Please don't get excited, the expectation is for enough to barely coat the ground.  Nevertheless, seems like a good day to do some modeling. 

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day!
Jerry

Raymo

Morning. Working on cleaning projects on the bench up before starting anything new. A trip to the store though first.

GPdemayo

Morning all.....fun time and great meeting you yesterday Terry. Like you said, it is always fun putting faces to names. Looking forward to another visit.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MartyO

Hoohoo, I see blue skies and ice roads. More inside today.
Marty

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

I saw Tom was having a group over yesterday so I sorta invited myself to catch up and had a great time. I am always amazed at the quality of workmanship, detail and overall beauty of Tom's layout. Everytime I visit I come away with at least a half dozen ideas to help my own layout. I also was able to put some faces to names of members I have not met in person. Attached is a photo of some that were there (from left to right); Tom, Bob Butts, Greg DeMayo, Curt Webb and his father (who's name escapes me??!!). Terry (Vietnam SeaBee) and Bill (the Judge) had to leave prior to the photo op.

It is gray and chilly out today so it is enough of an excuse for me to work at the modeling bench today. Tom, thanks for having me over it was great meeting everyone.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

As mentioned by Terry, Greg and Jim, I spent yesterday morning at Tom's place.  It was a lot of fun.  Today I'll spend the afternoon at the workbench and, hopefully, button up the little bar that's part of Red Hook Wharf.  I'm itching to get started on my next kit/build thread but want to finish Red Hook Wharf first.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Very cool here this morning.

Yes, were had a great time yesterday. It's always a great time when we get together. We meet a Terry (Vietnam Seabee) and it was appreciated that Jim(CEO) drove an hour to visit.

Trust me when I say we had a great day of railroading and BS'ing. Terry also had to leave prior to the photo. I see I'll be loosing weight after seeing that photo.  8)

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

36 and sunny in SE NH.  Chance of a few intense snow squalls late afternoon as a cold front pushes through.  There's a little bit of snow left alongside the roads where the plows piled it up, otherwise brown lawns.

Today I'll paint the brickworks office building the brick color.  I'm looking forward to seeing that, after all the troubles I had with the corner quoins.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Good morning.  We have blue skies and this big orange thing in the sky here, today. Single digit temperatures but I'm going to take a walk outside and get some fresh air.  Modeling to follow, inside where it is warm. 

I believe everyone here is getting it, but just in case I released Volume 3 of the F&SM Structure Encyclopedia, yesterday. If you didn't get it send me a PM and I will let you know how to get it.  This is all of the F&SM pictures that I have taken over the past couple decades all reorganized and in full resolution (zoomable). I'm already hard at work on Volume 4. At the rate that George is making changes who knows how many volumes there will be.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: S&S RR on January 14, 2024, 12:19:15 PMGood morning.  We have blue skies and this big orange thing in the sky here, today. Single digit temperatures but I'm going to take a walk outside and get some fresh air.  Modeling to follow, inside where it is warm.

I believe everyone here is getting it, but just in case I released Volume 3 of the F&SM Structure Encyclopedia, yesterday. If you didn't get it send me a PM and I will let you know how to get it.  This is all of the F&SM pictures that I have taken over the past couple decades all reorganized and in full resolution (zoomable). I'm already hard at work on Volume 4. At the rate that George is making changes who knows how many volumes there will be.

I didn't know people from Florida even owned a pair of jeans.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on January 14, 2024, 12:22:03 PMI didn't know people from Florida even owned a pair of jeans.

John,

I did get my FSM Encyclopedia, much appreciate all the work you've done getting it to us. THANK YOU!

I've been wearing jean and jorts (jean shorts) since middle school.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

I spent a restless night due to tooth pain. Guess where I'm going tomorrow? Joy. I did some chores then am vegging for the day. Not sure what's on the agenda tomorrow besides going to the dentist first thing in the morning.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 14, 2024, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on January 14, 2024, 12:22:03 PMI didn't know people from Florida even owned a pair of jeans.

John,

I did get my FSM Encyclopedia, much appreciate all the work you've done getting it to us. THANK YOU!

I've been wearing jean and jorts (jean shorts) since middle school.

Tom

Sorry Tom

Regional terminology issue.  Where I grew up (Michigan) we were having shorts weather or jeans weather (long pants). When I go to Texas to visit my daughter I ask if I need to pack my jeans. I just talked to her and it going to be 11 degrees in Austin tonight - definitely jeans weather.
John Siekirk