Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, January 23, 2024, 08:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

We're on a one hour delay at work due to freezing rain and snow in the area.  Our temp is right around 32, and should go up a tiny bit, so hopefully it will just be wet later, but I'm watching the road conditions.  

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Morning All,

Started out with a walk at 61F. That's 24° warmer than Sunday's walk. :)

Jeff safe travels today.

In a bit I'm headed up to my buddy Jon's house. He's going to paint and decal my 2- F22 flat cars and look at my BLI NW2 that quit running the other day. Tom would say it quit because it's Pennsy! ;D

Nothing else planned for today. Dentist tomorrow morning. :(

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Good morning Jeff and those that follow.  We are having the same weather here. We don't need ice on top of all that wet snow - I have already lost three trees in the yard.  They are predicting a January thaw for next week so maybe we can get rid of some of the weight off the trees. 

I'm spending the day in the train room  :)  ;)

I hope you all have a great day.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Curt, it did quit cause it is Pennsy.

Nothing special for today. Pam and I have bowling at noon and a late lunch with bowling friends later.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Daniel Banks

Good morning all! It was supposed to be icy this morning but we got all rain.
Trying to duck my head through the day, keeps the decks clear of action, and get to the finish line today because tomorrow I am leaving for Amhearst!

MartyO

Morning,

Nothing much planned today, other then small stuff on the diorama.
Marty

deemery

NH primary day today.  The robo-calls and text messages have stopped, thankfully.  We'll go vote after wife gets home from exercise.  Yesterday I primed the metal seam roof, today I'll do some coloring on it to get it to look like Terne metal.  And I'll work on the master for casting my dormers.

IMG_9656.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Weather here is a little of everything for the next couple days; rain, freezing rain, snow, sleet, you name it, the weather guessers have it in the forecast.  At least this way they cannot be accused of getting the forecast wrong. 

Curt, I think Tom is wrong.  No way a loco would quit just because it has Pennsy paint.  Now if it was Penn Central, that would be a whole 'nother story. 

I hope everyone has a safe, warm, and productive day!
Jerry

Jerry

Afternoon everyone

Weather in South Jersey is cloudy/47.
Later more of the same.

Trying to finish the siding on my wall today.

Dave an excellent job on the roof.

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

That structure is coming along quite nicely Dave.  Kudos to you.

Nothing to worthwhile to report here.  Just pounding away on the keyboard waiting for Friday to get here.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

[quote

Curt, I think Tom is wrong.  No way a loco would quit just because it has Pennsy paint.  Now if it was Penn Central, that would be a whole 'nother story.
[/quote]

Jerry, you are exactly right about the PC.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jim Donovan

Good Evening Everyone and a special welcome to Danial, glad you could join this group of misfits. Today was a good one. I managed to get some CAD design done for the clothing factory and the little 3D printer is making three bay windows as I write this. I've about finished making all parts for the second floor and will hopefully knock out the third floor tomorrow. I need to catch up my progress on build but not tonight. Wish I was going to Amherst too but not this year, too cold for this Florida boy..

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad