Valentines Day - Wednesday - February 14, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, February 14, 2024, 06:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Happy Valentines Day all,

We'll avoid the restaurants tonight.  My better half has some bacon wrapped filet mignons in the fridge and she'll whip up some mashed potatoes to go with them.

Nothing on the workbench front to report.  I have decided to go back and add the missing joists to the wharf.  That'll probably happen on Friday (I'm off again on Friday).

Have a great one!  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

JimGF51

Morning all. Been MIA, nasty head and chest cold for about a week, have not felt like doing a thing. On the mend.

Be safe all.

Jim

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Morning all...I have been awol from the forum and my layout. Hopefully, fixing that soon...actually got hit by a lightning bolt vision that I should tear it down and start over  :o

...again  ;D

MartyO

Morning 

Here is what happened during my laziness,
Marty

Vietnam Seabee

We're following Bob's lead about restaurants tonight....
I'll do Some 1:1 house projects this morning and then finish up my next build narrative for John's March S&S Gazette newsletter

Terry

S&S RR

Good morning!  I have spent the last few evenings going through F&SM photographs getting ready for the next Gazette article. I have also been spending a lot of time detailing structures for the town of Isaacstown on the Superior & Seattle RR.  My modeling season has been very productive so far this year. I'm heading back into the train room - I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

Quote from: MartyO on February 14, 2024, 08:44:01 AMMorning

I like that!  It looks like 'shore shelves' from changes in sea/lake levels.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Tough work day yesterday and I didn't feel well, but OK today.  Will go out for Valentine's day lunch (the restaurant hopefully won't be too busy) and some yard work later.  It's supposed to break 50 degrees and there are still many sticks to pick up from the trees.  We had a landscaping company come and spread mulch yesterday and they nicely picked them up and placed them where it won't be too much work picking them up.

Marty your shore looks great.

Jeff

jerryrbeach

Quote from: MartyO on February 14, 2024, 08:44:01 AMMorning

Marty,

That's a really interesting scene for your foreground.

Good morning.  I've been absent for a while, no real excuse, life happened.  I hope everyone has a great day.
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Nothing special planned for today. Neither of us do valentine's day. MOH says what counts is how we treat each other all year. I spent several hours in the train room working on the kit.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Slim Jerkins

Evening folks!

Not much interesting to report. Working on building a new website to get away from the lousy hosting service (Square / Weebly) that I currently have.  >:(

-slim

deemery

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on February 14, 2024, 06:19:42 PMEvening folks!

Not much interesting to report. Working on building a new website to get away from the lousy hosting service (Square / Weebly) that I currently have.  >:(

-slim
Good luck with that!  That can be a lot of hassle.  Make sure you can move the domain name registrations.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Happy   Valentines Day Folks. Took my sweetie out for hamburgers and oysters, do we know how to live! I did get her the dz roses of course. She loves that stuff.

As for modeling I made some progress today. The roof on clothing factory is to look like many are from 1900, very Victorian. I had the laser cut out intricate trim from very thin metal sheeting. Any other material would not have been able to hold the shape. I hope it adds something. Hope it was a good day for everyone.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad