Friday - February 16, 2024

Started by GPdemayo, February 16, 2024, 07:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Morning all.....up north looking day in the sunshine state. As they said in the 60's, bummer!

The end of the week is here and we have a whole weekend ahead and not a single plan, except Pegi has already made a dinner reservation for Sunday so she can get her fix of rainbow trout.

I finally might get around to starting the clean-up of the layout and the work bench area in the hobby room.

I'll see if I can get motivated to finish a leftover project or maybe start with something small, before the owner of a construction management project I'm getting ready to begin work on decides he's in a hurry to get things started.

Y'all have a great day and have some fun.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Happy B-D to Frank.  

TGIF.  Start of my four day weekend.  It was in the 50s Wednesday and it's snowing this morning.   >:(  It will break freezing later so hopefully most of it will melt.  Still warm for February, though. 

I hope to get back to the Deco build, maybe today.  Trip to Costco planned for later, however. 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Happy Birthday Frank!

It's the start of a three-day weekend for me.  Breakfast first, then some workbench time.  Maybe a few minor chores around the house.  Still plugging away on Red Hook Wharf.  I'd really like to get to the finish line on that one so I can start a new build thread here.   ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

Happy Birthday Frank!! (looks like I checked in on the right day)

Came this close to dismantling and starting over...the layout design isn't 'moving me' to continue...I'm now leaning towards making some significant design changes but maintaining the significant base I built - completely supported by cabinets. 

I came to realize I really miss the backdrops for the overall effect I seek and my flirtation with a more 'caricaturish' design was fleeting. What I really want are more panoramic mountain scenery but also more room for my existing structures. Back to the drawing board...which is a favorite place for me.

Hope all are well. Life has had me away-but I'll be checking in.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Frank!!!
Really windy last night, luckily no major damage and the power stayed on all night.  Outside of the wind and a little snow, nothing exciting here. 
I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

MartyO

Morning,

Ditto Frank.

I pickup drugs from Walmart and one was totally free. Don't you love retirement drugs costs.
Marty

deemery

Happy Day, Frank! 

This for Slim Sartore:  https://railroad-line.com/node/1071433#post1071457  "That's it, Fort Pitt!"

We got about an inch of snow last night.  Blue skies and puffy clouds today, looks like a New England postcard.  Dogs are at the groomers, so the house is unnaturally quiet.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Dealing with the rebound cold :( Today I worked on Wiley's and I'll finish it this weekend. Dad's birthday is tomorrow and he will be 91 and my daughter on Monday and she will be 45. Next friday Dad flys to OH for3 weeks.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision