Sunday - March 17, 2024 - Happy St. Pat's Day To All Here

Started by GPdemayo, March 17, 2024, 09:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Morning all.....

Breakfast is served with all the trimmings and some green beer for those here that like a wee nip.

Have a fun and safe day of celebrating and keep the aspirin handy.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day!

I'll pass on the green beer Greg.  I prefer Guiness.  Well, actually, I prefer Tullamore Dew.  But I'll hold off on that until this evening.  After we've had our Irish Stew.  I hope Cuse is having a wonderful time in Ireland.

Workbench time on tap for today.  Time to clean off the workbench and maybe even break out a new kit.  Red Hook isn't quite finished but everything that's left to be done will have to move to the garage workbench due to the size of that thing.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

On the flight home from Munich Friday, we were in Premium Economy, with only one choice of beer ("Beck's".)  The aircraft was an A-380 (those things are HUGE), and the upper deck is all business and 1st class.  I asked the flight attendant "Any chance you could steal me a wheat beer from upstairs?"  A couple minutes later she handed me an Erdinger, boy that tasted good.  

I'm mostly over jetlag, and have a bit of put-away still to do.  The fridge is restocked, and I need to put the corned beef into the crockpot.  Then I'll see about restarting work on the block building I was bashing from the Magnuson/Walthers Merchants Row II kit.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Morning all,

I'll also pass on the green stuff but I'll have a Diet Pepsi later.

My plan is to update the REA thread later.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

It was a beautiful sunny day so I took a road trip yesterday to see what I could find as far as remnants of the New York & Oswego Midland RR.  I had a few old maps for guidance, and did find the roadbed in a few places.  I also took some photos of the Plymouth, NY station.  It has been moved several hundred feet south of its original location and rotated 90 degrees. The roof has deteriorated a great deal since my last visit several years ago.  I hope that this is addressed before this piece of history is lost forever. 

Rainy here today with occasional peeks of sun.  I plan to update my layout thread later today.

I hope no one gets sick from drinking a little too much green beer. I'm with Tom, I'll be sticking with some Diet Pepsi.

Jerry