Oil bunker diorama

Started by DACS, August 05, 2014, 12:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DACS

Started another small diorama.  This one is of the oil bunker for the engine service module on the Horace and William Creek.
This is just a temporary home for the bunker and pump house.  It will eventually, end up on the actual module.

This is mounted on a piece of pink foam measuring 11 1/4" width and 8" in depth.

Today, I mounted the ties, the rail and started putting down the dirt.  The tank and pump house are not fastened down.

The dirt is actual sifted dirt.  It is wet here with the diluted white glue/water and dish detergent.

More updates coming!  NBW's, junk, oil drums, chain hoist, spout mechanism, puddles of oil, tank unloading hose, a few weeds here and there...etc!

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

DACS

I just added some of the details.  Finished weathering the tank and piping.

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

DACS

Moving right along!

Little bit of posing here.

Add a tree....sorry about the background clutter of my work area.  It is distracting!

Dave HWCRR
Seattle

GPdemayo

Great build & scene Dave......thanks for sharing.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

bparrish

Pretty cool stuff...

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Zephyrus52246

Dave K.

gnatshop

Quote from: Dave K. on August 05, 2014, 05:06:54 PM
Nice vignette.   
Don't know about a vignette - is that one of them faancy French wines?

But it is a darn nice scene - Congrats, Dave, for the realism and details in this model!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

DACS

Well thankyeeee for all the great comments and compliments everybody!

It is far from finished!  Lots of details to add yet.

Dave   HWCRR
Seattle

jbolen61

Nice scene can't wait to see it all together with the rest of the cool stuff your building. 8)

DACS

Thank you jbolen!

Today, I am going to add a patch of weeds behind the bunker using the method by Rick Reimer on his Ruphe and Tumbelle R.R. The only difference being, I will cut different lengths for a more uneven look.   Many of you already know about this, but some may not. 
I will post pics of the finished look.
Everything is after all, all in the details. 

I have used this method before, with great results!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2rOO1hN8_U

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle

bparrish

Dave............

Wow............. very cool and way too easy..........

thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

DACS

Hey Bob!  Yes, it is very easy.  But it takes just a little practice and it looks great.

Here are pics of things I finished on the diorama today.

Here is the pic of the deep grass I did with the method in the above video.

Just a few more of the details done today.

Still waiting for the NBW's.  Hope it doesn't fall down!  :) :)

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle

ReadingBob

Quote from: gnatshop on August 05, 2014, 06:53:07 PM
Quote from: Dave K. on August 05, 2014, 05:06:54 PM
Nice vignette.   
Don't know about a vignette - is that one of them faancy French wines?

But it is a darn nice scene - Congrats, Dave, for the realism and details in this model!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Noooo....I know my wine.  A vignette isn't wine Gnat.  I think it's that stuff (other) people pour over salads before they eat 'em.  Me? I prefer butter on my taters.   :D

All kidding aside that is one really nice little scene!  Kudos!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

clevermod01

Thom at Clever models llc