ITLA Modular Industry

Started by Zephyrus52246, April 07, 2024, 08:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

But before that, I needed to put the braces in for the roof.  I used one of the strips from the kit to measure the distance. 

Need to build the two "interior" pieces to make sure they fit before putting the walls together. 

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Jeff,
 Your build is looking great. Great choice on the colors and added details too.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Jerry

Nice job on those windows.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Jeff,

Excellent build, I love the entire look of the structure. You've done a fantastic job on the kit. Weathering is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Zephyrus52246

Hi, Jerry.  I tried to vary a few of the "black out" panes.  Some are silver, one is plain wood.  I've seen some of these kits where the windows are painted different colors, green is a favorite, but I thought they looked too cartoonish. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for the kind words, Tom.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I built the two "insets" that go into the walls.  one is a loading area with some crates.  The background crates came with the kit, the one in the front i already had.  I'll have someone sitting on it when I can find an appropriate figure.  It looks like it's lit do to my overhead lighting.  I'm not going to install lighting like some of you (I'm looking at you, Bob), as I don't want to use the time.  The stair inset is dark, which is good as the stairs are crooked), I'm using front lighting to show it off.  I added a fan to one of the blanked out areas and a curved duct I had on hand for another . Presently I've glued the front and side wall together and they are curing.  will add the back two walls later.

Jeff

ReadingBob

That's awesome!  Love the inserts, the colors, heck, everything about it!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Vietnam Seabee

What a great finish...well done...looks just like an Albert Kahn building
Terry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Well done for sure.  Love that fire escape!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Bob. The finishes were mostly spray cans.  Easy Peasy.  (Where have I heard that term before?)   :D

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I had to look up who Albert Kahn was, Jerry.  Thanks for following. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Greg. It finally looks like a building. 

Jeff