Sunday (and it's sunny), April 14

Started by deemery, April 14, 2024, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

I'll start us off with some photos of rough scenery I did yesterday.  The idea is there's a road that starts between the buildings in the background, passing underneath the tracks on a trestle bridge.
IMG_9834.jpeg

I mocked up the contours in cardboard.  One consideration with the topography is allowing for the bridge abutment.
IMG_9837.jpeg

IMG_9840.jpeg

Then I laid down a cardboard piece to represent the road, and worked on the other side, which has tighter clearances.
IMG_9844.jpeg

Then I went upstairs to watch TV.  Today I'll head down, look at what I mocked up yesterday.  If I still like it, first I have to move the track feeders.  Then I'll work out the cuts on the spline and how I'll support the scenery.  I'll use the cardboard for now, but later on replace that with a hardboard fascia.

dave

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Dave and all who follow. Dave for whatever reason the photos did not open up. 

Yesterday I met up with my daughter and son-in-law to watch Deb race with her dragon boat team. The boat is made up of breast cancer survivors and they take it pretty serious while having a good time. Her boat came in 3rd overall out of 18 boats and the other boat of her team won 1st. I think that is the best finish I have seen them achieve since Deb joined four years ago.

Today I hope to finish up lighting and planting the clothing factory on the layout then it will be time to clean up the mess I have made of my workbench. Hope everyone has a great Sunday and hope to have pictures soon of factory.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I can see your pictures, Dave.  Looks like you've been busy.

More workbench time for me today.  Making progress on the current build.  Red Hook Wharf is on a temporary hiatus until I retire and can spend a full day in the garage (while my wife is at work and her car isn't in the garage) cutting out a base for land-based structures.  

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Dave, I can see the photos as well. Very good work.

I've been mulching the rose garden all morning.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

That's the way Dave!

Here what I been doing today, ours.
Marty